The Student Room Group

I am skinny fat, what can i do?

I look aright with clothes on but I have a massive belly, fat face and moobs.

Please help me! It stops me participating at university and attending lectures,
Why is this effecting lecture attendance if you look alright with clothes on? What course do you study?

Anyhow you can burn fat with diet + exercise and lift some weights to build a bit of definition.
hit the gym
Reply 3
only way to get rid of it is to hit the gym

i think i was a bit skinnyfat at one point............
Start lifting and do cardio maybe a couple times a week, eat less.
Original post by Anonymous
I look aright with clothes on but I have a massive belly, fat face and moobs.

Please help me! It stops me participating at university and attending lectures,

How do skinny and fat go together? Feels like an oxy moron to me.

Just like saying i'm thin and obese ... it just doesn't work?
Reply 6
Original post by will'o'wisp2
How do skinny and fat go together? Feels like an oxy moron to me.

Just like saying i'm thin and obese ... it just doesn't work?

http://bonytobeastly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/skinny-fat-bulk-or-cut-lose-fat-first-bony-to-beastly.jpg

but wat. that's just a lil puppy fat on the belly there's nothing which is really fat there and just a some spindly little arms and legs

like if were saying skinny fat is like mini arms and legs and really fat belly that seems kinda a weird way to describe a person as "skinny fat"
Original post by Volibear
It's basically somebdy who looks skinny and therefore is perceived to be 'healthy' (coz that's how society rolls) but they have a high body fat percentage. A high body fat percentage isn't healthy even if you are skinny. Those people who do no exercise and eat **** are usually in for a nast surprise when they hit their late 20s onwards and that amazing metabolism they bragged about when they were younger, goes out the window.

oh right i see, understood now :P
Reply 9
Original post by Student-95
Why is this effecting lecture attendance if you look alright with clothes on? What course do you study?

Anyhow you can burn fat with diet + exercise and lift some weights to build a bit of definition.

Major Lack of self-esteem. Haven'tbeen to lectures in weeks and they're compulsory..
Major Lack of self-esteem. Haven'tbeen to lectures in weeks and they're compulsory..

You should probably seek mental health help while you're at it then.
stop being skinny fat.
Start doing cardio,(Do planks not situps) then once you've lost the belly fat, then you can start to bulk (increase calorie intake)
Truss It works, worked for me :smile:

id recommend bulking first then cutting-whilst hitting the gym
you will see major muscle gains in the first 6 or so months then youll have a decent frame to cut into so for summer you'll be looking good
don't worry about getting fatter, its an investment :tongue:
but hey, its not just being skinny fat that stops u going to these lectures surely?
Original post by angrypoliceman
id recommend bulking first then cutting-whilst hitting the gym
you will see major muscle gains in the first 6 or so months then youll have a decent frame to cut into so for summer you'll be looking good
don't worry about getting fatter, its an investment :tongue:
but hey, its not just being skinny fat that stops u going to these lectures surely?

I think it plays a massive part. I look horrible in most clothes, and hate having to hide my belly all the time. I never wear t-shirts ever ;(
Original post by GCSE 9
Start doing cardio,(Do planks not situps) then once you've lost the belly fat, then you can start to bulk (increase calorie intake)
Truss It works, worked for me :smile:

:smile: What was your weekly gym routine like?Also, when did you start seeing changes?
I think it plays a massive part. I look horrible in most clothes, and hate having to hide my belly all the time. I never wear t-shirts ever ;(

if being fat affects u this much then I would say cut then bulk- however in the future prepare yourself for the noodle arms
get to the gym for sure
maybe walk around with a friend-you feel 10x less insecure/embarrassed in my opinion
As already mentioned several times, hit the gym. Do a combination of cardio (which will aid in losing calories) and weight training which will help in gaining strength and muscle so will also aid in burning fat.
Make sure your calorie intake is less than the amount of calories you burn. Avoid the usual junk food and eat clean. Simple really.
:smile: What was your weekly gym routine like?Also, when did you start seeing changes?

I wouldn't go gym, but first I did planks everyday and my stomach would go smaller, I saw minor changes in a week, but make sure you have alot of protein- for you it would be different because I'm a girl (you would have more), I advice using the myfitnesspal app. Then start bulking and doing things like, hiit training, lifiting weights cardio etc.
But make sure when your losing weight or gaining mustle, ALWAYS have alot of calories which should consist of proteins mainly and less carbs
good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending