The Student Room Group

I feel irrationally angry that my BF has gone on holiday without me

Hi

My boyfriend and I have only being together 6 months. He is currently on a family holiday, which he booked before we were together, and will be there 2 weeks. I feel irrationally angry that he is there. I keep thinking toxic thoughts about how I should play hard to get, or not see him for a bit when he is back to 'punish' him. I really want to be happy for him, but am really struggling to do so. I also find it really weird that he's sharing a bed with his sister.

Am I a complete freak or is it in anyway human to feel like this?
You should be really worried. His sister is probably stealing him off of you as we speak.
I find it extremely weird and creepy that he's going to be in bed with his own sister.
You're sounding like he's gone on holiday with a long-term ex-girlfriend and is sharing a bed with her. He's on holiday with family that he booked before he got involved with you.
Original post by DrawTheLine
You're sounding like he's gone on holiday with a long-term ex-girlfriend and is sharing a bed with her. He's on holiday with family that he booked before he got involved with you.

I know!! I never said it was rational. I don't want to feel like this!
I am sensing symptoms of a "I am a clingy GF" disease.
Original post by Anonymous
I know!! I never said it was rational. I don't want to feel like this!

Why have you gone anonymous now? We already know who you are.

You sound really possessive and jealous. You have deeper issues you need to address. If you "play hard to get" and do what you want to "punish" him, it'll be a swift end to your relationship. You're acting in the beginning stages of "if I can't have him, no one can" which is really dangerous.
Original post by NarnaGracie
Hi

My boyfriend and I have only being together 6 months. He is currently on a family holiday, which he booked before we were together, and will be there 2 weeks. I feel irrationally angry that he is there. I keep thinking toxic thoughts about how I should play hard to get, or not see him for a bit when he is back to 'punish' him. I really want to be happy for him, but am really struggling to do so. I also find it really weird that he's sharing a bed with his sister.

You are being insecure and unreasonable.
Tour thoughts are also very childish.

Why not just enjoy your time apart and go out with your friends or other. Having a jealous irrational vengeful gf isnt a big draw.
Original post by NarnaGracie
Hi

Dude, he’s on a family holiday. What’s the issue? Sure, you’re gonna miss him. But there’s no reason for him to have turned down going on holiday with his family for your sake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending