The Student Room Group

Guy giving mixed signals?

At uni, there's this one guy who I just can't bring myself to talk to, I don't want to say something in case I say something stupid to him; I've even avoided eye contact sometimes. At first I tried to get over this little "crush" until I noticed he was behaving the exact same way as me, especially whenever he was around me. We are both popular and extremely talkative, however, we don't talk to each other.

This week, he managed to somehow get into contact with most of the girls I'm close friends with at uni at the moment. He sat next to them as they sat next to me, trying to help them and constantly looking my way (I could just see from the corner of my eyes).

I told one of my friends I liked him and she mentioned how he's everywhere I go. But whenever I want to talk to him, he just disappears. Outside of lectures, he is completely different and acts like he's never seen me which is fine cos I do the same. At first, I didn't care but now I really want to know.

Every time I talk to someone sitting next to him, he goes quiet but doesn't say anything. Lately he is making an effort to dress up as well. Okay now here is where the plot twist comes in. In all these events, there's always been this one girl with me who he has started talking to randomly from today. So what if all these signs were for her instead?

Could it be that I was making bs in my head cos I liked him? What should I do if he likes the other girl. In my opinion, he seems more compatible with her.

Sorry, if this sounds confusing.
Reply 1
Bump
go for it!!
Reply 3
Original post by Residence3
go for it!!

As in, talk to him?

What if it's not how I think it is?
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
i think that if u talked to him, you could figure it out.. like the way hell act will be a clear sign whether he cares about you or your friend
Reply 6
Original post by paolamt
i think that if u talked to him, you could figure it out.. like the way hell act will be a clear sign whether he cares about you or your friend

You're right, I'll make an attempt to talk to him. Thanks man x
Sometimes u gotta go hard or go home gal
Reply 8
yeah i think that you need to talk to him more and be around him when the other girl isn't there see how he acts
I find that I would rather regret something I did then regret something I didn't do.
I'm going to be brutally honest with you. It's extremely likely that he doesn't have a crush on you seeing as he hasn't even made an effort to get to know you. Believe me, you'll know when a guy's interested. You like him so much that your brain is gathering every little thing he does and tricking you into thinking it's a sign that he likes you. The only way to get him to actually like you or at least see you as a friend is to talk to him. Don't wait around for him to talk to you first, go after what you want.
Ask that female friend of yours to see if she is interested. If not, all signals are green and there is no obstacles in your path to make that fella yours. Be assertive, my sister on the other side!
Original post by cactuss
yeah i think that you need to talk to him more and be around him when the other girl isn't there see how he acts

Now that you mention it, the other girl wasn't around a couple of times but I kinda just ignored any awkwardness. What do I do if he likes her instead? Cry about it and move on? Delete the girl?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to be brutally honest with you. It's extremely likely that he doesn't have a crush on you seeing as he hasn't even made an effort to get to know you. Believe me, you'll know when a guy's interested. You like him so much that your brain is gathering every little thing he does and tricking you into thinking it's a sign that he likes you. The only way to get him to actually like you or at least see you as a friend is to talk to him. Don't wait around for him to talk to you first, go after what you want.

I think a part of me really wanted to hear this, since my brain might just be refusing to face facts.
Original post by JDieMstr
Ask that female friend of yours to see if she is interested. If not, all signals are green and there is no obstacles in your path to make that fella yours. Be assertive, my sister on the other side!

I'd ask her but I don't want her to know I like the guy. Maybe I could get someone else to bring him up and see how she feels. Ayy, thank you, I'll try my best :'(
as in you should go talk to him, you only have one chance at life and you'll regret it in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending