The Student Room Group

Bristol or Warwick for Mathematics and Computer Science?

Can't decide between the two, either MEng Maths and CompSci or MEng Discrete Maths at Bristol and Warwick respectively. The locations and universities don't matter too much, I think I'd be happy in either, though I lean more towards Bristol b/c I don't like the area around Warwick. It comes down to modules really, and the quality of teaching - though Warwick's course seems more prescriptive/less modular and far more focused on the maths, not so much on the compsci, which I don't like as much, I feel like maybe the standard of instruction might be higher in Warwick owing to more recognised and respected maths and compsci departments.

Please advise, TSR!
Shame you got no responses. Well, my vote is Bristol! (But you already know that hahah)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by plklupu
Can't decide between the two, either MEng Maths and CompSci or MEng Discrete Maths at Bristol and Warwick respectively. The locations and universities don't matter too much, I think I'd be happy in either, though I lean more towards Bristol b/c I don't like the area around Warwick. It comes down to modules really, and the quality of teaching - though Warwick's course seems more prescriptive/less modular and far more focused on the maths, not so much on the compsci, which I don't like as much, I feel like maybe the standard of instruction might be higher in Warwick owing to more recognised and respected maths and compsci departments.

Please advise, TSR!

Def bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilySarah00
Shame you got no responses. Well, my vote is Bristol! (But you already know that hahah)

Yeah, I made my decision the day after this post :biggrin:
Original post by Princepieman

I did end up picking Bristol in the end, based on the better variety of modules on offer. Why would you recommend it?
Original post by plklupu
I did end up picking Bristol in the end, based on the better variety of modules on offer. Why would you recommend it?

The discrete maths course isn't really well supported enough from what I've gathered at Warwick. Plus Bristol is just a far more interesting place with IMO a better CS department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
The discrete maths course isn't really well supported enough from what I've gathered at Warwick. Plus Bristol is just a far more interesting place with IMO a better CS department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, thanks :smile:
Bristol all the way

Quick Reply

Latest