The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Irish student applying

Hi I’m a irish student that will be sitting my leaving certificate 2018 which is equal to the A levels in UK Atm I do 7 subjects : English , Irish , Maths , Politics , Physics , Home Economics and French ( at ordinary level ) all my other subjects are at higher level Which of my subjects would be a good combination if I wanted to do Law , Social Policy , Social Science or Politics My current grades are : English H3 (77) , Physics H3 (77) , Politics H1 (88+) , French O1 (88+) , Irish H4 (66) , Maths H5 (56 my weakest subject but I can improve ) , Home Economics H2 (88) I did not do gsce but I did do the Irish Junior Certificate I’m not sure if it’s the equivalent or not would they take this into consideration ? What are my chances in getting into a top rated university in UK with these current grades ?
And do I have a cuance to apply for the scholarship available as I don’t qualify for mainteance loan
Reply 1
Irish application as well. UK colleges don't need your current grade. They are only looking for your predicted grade from your teacher. I got 6 H1 from my teacher.
JC is considered equivalent to GCSE. I think you should talk to your career guidance at school for help
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Was A* equivalent to H1What grades did you have to get to get A*AAOr just AAA
Reply 3
Original post by Annette18
Was A* equivalent to H1What grades did you have to get to get A*AAOr just AAA

Varies from different colleges. For UCL A* A A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 while for imperial A*A*A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 H1 H2 H2
Reply 4
Original post by Oscar_99
Varies from different colleges. For UCL A* A A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 while for imperial A*A*A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 H1 H2 H2

Okay thank you so much
I know what grades I need to get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending