The Student Room Group

Randomly cyber-bullied by a boy at my school for no reason

So somebody made an alternate account on a social media that I am on and they set their profile picture to a photoshopped image of me. They made my teeth and nose look really big, etc. And then they proceeded to send me insulting messages about how I am "literally the ugliest person ever". They sent about 5 messages, but I brushed it off because they were really silly things to be saying. But then they sent me a further 8 messages saying that I should die and stuff, and a lot of other personal things that they know affect me (don't really want to go into detail about that). These messages made me cry they were so extreme. I am thinking of reporting him to the school (I know who the person is that did this to me) but I think that they are trying to get a reaction from me, and that would show that I am bothered by their messages. What should I do?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Oh wow that is really horrible, I understand why you wouldn't want to report them but they might just carry on if you don't do anything. Report them, they can't be allowed to think this is okay behaviour.
Reply 2
Original post by xloismoorex
Oh wow that is really horrible, I understand why you wouldn't want to report them but they might just carry on if you don't do anything. Report them, they can't be allowed to think this is okay behaviour.

Yeah, my best friend demands that we go straight to the principal on Monday. I probably honestly will.

I just can't understand why the person who did this to me did it, really. I didn't do anything to them at all, and I thought that they were my friend.
They might want a reaction from you, but they will hate it if their parents find out from the school that they told someone they should die, so it is totally worth informing your school what has happened.
Reply 4
Original post by awkwardshortguy
They might want a reaction from you, but they will hate it if their parents find out from the school that they told someone they should die, so it is totally worth informing your school what has happened.

You're right, honestly. I was considering messaging them through their actual account or replying to the messages in the alternative account, but I'm two minds about it.
Original post by Wary_Mouse
You're right, honestly. I was considering messaging them through their actual account or replying to the messages in the alternative account, but I'm two minds about it.

I think hitting them with a surprise meeting from the principal would be best.
Yeah, my best friend demands that we go straight to the principal on Monday. I probably honestly will.

I just can't understand why the person who did this to me did it, really. I didn't do anything to them at all, and I thought that they were my friend.

How did you manage to figure out who it was, out of curiosity?
Human beings are **** holes. Whose lives suck. So they gotta get others down to feel better about themselves.
You must inform the relevant people so the wrath of parents can be brought down upon them. Don't message them beforehand, the meme isn't as spicy if they know it's coming.
Reply 9
Original post by xloismoorex

Reply 10
How did you manage to figure out who it was, out of curiosity?

This occurred on Discord. I watched as both accounts (his normal one and the alt) went offline at the exact same moment as each other and then came online again at the exact moment. I even screen recorded one of the times. He has his account open on the desktop app, and the alt account open on the web browser Discord. In "mutual servers" we have one mutual server, and I only ever sent the link to that particular server to him and two other friends, nobody else. Also, it wouldn't have been a random stranger on that server because they have no access to the particular photo of me which was set as the profile picture. And I could tell by the context of the messages, his knowledge of certain things that not everybody knows about. The original messages were sent at 12.50am, and only he of all my friends usually stays up on his computer that late. He did, however, actively try to hide that it was him by making his grammar appear much worse, but I could see right through it.
This occurred on Discord. I watched as both accounts (his normal one and the alt) went offline at the exact same moment as each other and then came online again at the exact moment. I even screen recorded one of the times. He has his account open on the desktop app, and the alt account open on the web browser Discord. In "mutual servers" we have one mutual server, and I only ever sent the link to that particular server to him and two other friends, nobody else. Also, it wouldn't have been a random stranger on that server because they have no access to the particular photo of me which was set as the profile picture. And I could tell by the context of the messages, his knowledge of certain things that not everybody knows about. The original messages were sent at 12.50am, and only he of all my friends usually stays up on his computer that late. He did, however, actively try to hide that it was him by making his grammar appear much worse, but I could see right through it.

Does Discord update online statuses as they happen or in intervals? I actually have it installed but have only ever had a single friend/contact on it so haven't had the chance to have seen how it updates online statuses. Also, surely this person would have thought you'd be suspicious that they were an alt of another account that has also accessed this server you speak of AND that they themselves also had access to this photo of you, which could only have only left so many people, including themselves. And this is BEFORE they say anything to give away any knowledge of you that they are privy to in chat. This person has to be pretty stupid from what I understand.
(edited 6 years ago)
hey lovely, ohmygosh that's awful to go through, who the hell do these people think they are ?? seriously why are kids so cruel??

yeah 100% report his ass . if an adult 18+ did that they'd be immediately down for fraud of character / harassment / stalking ...

and don't feel bad , as for why he did it, don't dwell too much but it could anything from being jealous, wanting you to notice them, or just randomly choosing you out of a group of people to do it to, or just being messed up in the head with a personality disorder- who knows. don't let it affect you AT ALL, what he said- boys are ****ing idiots most of the time

take care of yourself
Reply 13
Does Discord update online statuses as they happen or in intervals? I actually have it installed but have only ever had a single friend/contact on it so haven't had the chance to have seen how it updates online statuses. Also, surely this person would have thought you'd be suspicious that they were an alt of another account that has also accessed this server you speak of AND that they themselves also had access to this photo of you, which could only have only left so many people, including themselves. And this is BEFORE they say anything to give away any knowledge of you that they are privy to in chat. This person has to be pretty stupid from what I understand.

This guy is honestly pretty stupid to have left all of this evidence. When somebody opens up their computer, if Discord is running in the background then the status will go from offline to either idle, do not disturb or online. If somebody has it running but hasn't actually clicked on it for 10 minutes, the status goes from online to idle, I believe. I know this guy, and I know that he leaves a billion tabs open on his computer all of the time, so it makes sense for the alternate account to go online as soon as he opened his computer.

And I honestly believe that this guy thinks that I would assume that it were somebody else from school doing this to me. That's why he lowered his spelling and grammar accuracy in the messages, so that I would assume that it was a different person doing this.
Reply 14
Original post by esmeralda17
hey lovely, ohmygosh that's awful to go through, who the hell do these people think they are ?? seriously why are kids so cruel??

yeah 100% report his ass . if an adult 18+ did that they'd be immediately down for fraud of character / harassment / stalking ...

and don't feel bad , as for why he did it, don't dwell too much but it could anything from being jealous, wanting you to notice them, or just randomly choosing you out of a group of people to do it to, or just being messed up in the head with a personality disorder- who knows. don't let it affect you AT ALL, what he said- boys are ****ing idiots most of the time

take care of yourself

Thank you, I appreciate your support.

I find it very low of this guy particularly because we were friends. I'd always do a lot to help him out and stuff (I was a bit of a doormat to this person at times). He knows that I am a rather sensitive person as well, and he knows that I have been going through a tough time for the last 3 months, due to a break-up and a couple of other things, and that I haven't been in a particularly good mental state lately. He has done a few things like this to people in the past, including myself but that was a while ago. I believe that he might've been bored and looking for a reaction of some sort. But these messages were worse than I'd ever seen and just so low.
Just report him.
I am sure he is doing it just for fun with his friends. I was bullied just for fun most of my school years, I know how it feels. If you are not afraid of him you should report him. If it gets more serious you can even go to the police.

I don't know what is that with guys at this age, but they do a lot of stupid things like hurting someone just for fun with their friends. Later they usually regret that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Kathy89
Just report him.
I am sure he is doing it just for fun with his friends. I was bullied just for fun most of my school years, I know how it feels. If you are not afraid of him you should report him. If it gets more serious you can even go to the police.

I don't know what is that with guys at this age, but they do a lot of stupid things like hurting someone just for fun with their friends. Later they usually regret that.

Yeah, I'm going to do it! I will report him! The messages were so rude, and I just received more before!
I’m so sorry that this has happened to you. I always found that the best way to deal with this was confront the bully myself and tell them to f**k off and leave me alone or suffer the consequences. This did work as most bullies are cowards- hence why they pick on people like yourself who they know are sensitive and are unlikely to bite back.

I’m not advocating that this is the best course of action for you so please go and report it to the school and also tell your parents about it!!!
Just reply and tell him to stop or you'll go to the police and claim he raped you.(don't actually do that though).

Safe to say he should **** himself at the prospect.
Original post by yudothis
Human beings are **** holes. Whose lives suck. So they gotta get others down to feel better about themselves.

Oh how I hate this kind of people!!! I'm mean for what ????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending