The Student Room Group

How to change course title at the same uni?

I've applied to the uni of nottingham to do a 3 year course but would like to swap it with a 4 year course. Unfortunately the substitute a choice option only works for swapping universities? Can I do it?
Original post by pagefan
I've applied to the uni of nottingham to do a 3 year course but would like to swap it with a 4 year course. Unfortunately the substitute a choice option only works for swapping universities? Can I do it?

Contact nottingham and enquire, you may have to wait till results day
Reply 2
Original post by daario333
Contact nottingham and enquire, you may have to wait till results day

Could you please help me with what the best way to contact them is? What should I write?
Original post by pagefan
Could you please help me with what the best way to contact them is? What should I write?

Email to say that you want to switch to the 4 year course and would it be possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Email to say that you want to switch to the 4 year course and would it be possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

should i say kind regards, or thanks?
Original post by pagefan
should i say kind regards, or thanks?

I'd use both personally
Reply 6
Why may I have to wait until results day? Do you mean I wont get an offer until results day ?!
Original post by pagefan
Why may I have to wait until results day? Do you mean I wont get an offer until results day ?!

Noo, I know someone who wanted to change courses and they were told to ring up on results day and it happened.
Original post by pagefan

So they can see numbers on the course prior to approving your switch
Reply 9
So they can see numbers on the course prior to approving your switch

It's still quite an early stage is it not? Like I haven't received an offer yet and many people will be applying later on? Couldn't they just consider me as a new applicant?
Original post by pagefan
It's still quite an early stage is it not? Like I haven't received an offer yet and many people will be applying later on?

Yes, it's quite early now, but they may want to wait to see who gets on or not.
Reply 11
Yes, it's quite early now, but they may want to wait to see who gets on or not.

what i meant was, would i be considered differently from other applicants at this stage?
Original post by pagefan
what i meant was, would i be considered differently from other applicants at this stage?

Possibly, I don't know :sorry:
My opinion Pagefan is to wait until you have an offer and then ask to switch. You don't want to hassle them while they are reviewing your application/busy with admissions. I imagine the entry conditions aren't too different from the 3yr to 4yr so if they gave you an offer for one they will likely be happy to switch you to the 4yr course.

If the entry conditions are different then would you rather have an offer for the 3yr course, or no offer at all? Its safer just to wait for their decision and then ask nicely to switch after. That is why I believe it makes sense to wait.
Reply 14
Original post by gapyear1718
My opinion Pagefan is to wait until you have an offer and then ask to switch. You don't want to hassle them while they are reviewing your application/busy with admissions. I imagine the entry conditions aren't too different from the 3yr to 4yr so if they gave you an offer for one they will likely be happy to switch you to the 4yr course.

If the entry conditions are different then would you rather have an offer for the 3yr course, or no offer at all? Its safer just to wait for their decision and then ask nicely to switch after. That is why I believe it makes sense to wait.

I appreciate the advice but I've already sent the email :redface:. Oh well. The entry requirements are exactly the same and if the which? university website is anything to go by the course is slightly less competitive.

Also, the requirements are 3 As and I have 3A*s and an A prediction - if they found a reason to reject me they'd probably do it regardless.
Reply 15
Original post by pagefan
I appreciate the advice but I've already sent the email :redface:. Oh well. The entry requirements are exactly the same and if the which? university website is anything to go by the course is slightly less competitive.

Also, the requirements are 3 As and I have 3A*s and an A prediction - if they found a reason to reject me they'd probably do it regardless.
As long as you are changing from one Maths course to another it won't make any difference as the places are allocated across the board not per course. I'm sure they will let you change....as long as they do make you an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest