The Student Room Group

University Offers

I applied to my university options last week and have already received three offers. The problem is that my second choice has given me an unconditional, only if I make it my firm choice! Whilst I would love to go there, the university I have wanted to go to since I was 13 has also given me an offer, but it is a conditional.

I suffer quite badly with stress and anxiety, especially when it comes to school/exams, so am thinking that taking the unconditional will take away some of the pressure of A-Levels?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Have you had rejections from the others - if not, then you have two more chances for an actual unconditional.
Original post by emperorCode
Have you had rejections from the others - if not, then you have two more chances for an actual unconditional.

Why would that matter if his second choice is unconditional and his first choice is conditional? The remaining unis are either his 3rd, 4th or 5th choice so they are irrelevant at this stage.

@OP what grades so you need for your 1st choice and if you don't put your second choice as firm, what grades will you need for that? How likely is it that you'll get those grades?
Reply 3
I need ABB for both, which I think I will get, but the stress of exams and studying really gets to me.

I'm worried that, if something does go wrong, or whenever I do get stressed, I will regret not taking up the unconditional.

Original post by Student-95
Why would that matter if his second choice is unconditional and his first choice is conditional? The remaining unis are either his 3rd, 4th or 5th choice so they are irrelevant at this stage.

@OP what grades so you need for your 1st choice and if you don't put your second choice as firm, what grades will you need for that? How likely is it that you'll get those grades?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by turner_c09
I need ABB for both, which I think I will get, but the stress of exams and studying really gets to me.

I'm worried that, if something does go wrong, or whenever I do get stressed, I will regret not taking up the unconditional.

Then I guess it's about weighing your preference for the first choice uni vs. the stress and possibility of not getting the required grades.

Quick Reply

Latest