The Student Room Group

Medicine

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm in Year 13 atm with a similar GCSE profile. This will be a pretty helpful list for others, but I'm more inclined to include Nottingham in the "holistic" category. They score each sub-test of the UKCAT including SJT and also score GCSEs in October-November according to their website. UKCAT SJT band 4 candidates are excluded at this point, as are candidates in the lower % bracket of these scores.

Then in November-December the PS is assessed and scored, and I believe they also score your reference or have done in previous admissions cycles.

Good luck with the prep for your application this year.
Original post by jsg9
I'm in Year 13 atm with a similar GCSE profile. This will be a pretty helpful list for others, but I'm more inclined to include Nottingham in the "holistic" category. They score each sub-test of the UKCAT including SJT and also score GCSEs in October-November according to their website. UKCAT SJT band 4 candidates are excluded at this point, as are candidates in the lower % bracket of these scores.

Then in November-December the PS is assessed and scored, and I believe they also score your reference or have done in previous admissions cycles.

Good luck with the prep for your application this year.

Nottingham as you said score top 8 GCSEs and UKCAT subtest scores and the sjt, so I’d say they are gcse and ukcat but I’ll change it to holistic/ GCSE and UKCAT.

Also what’s your stats ( gcse, ukcat and predictions and as levels ) ? And where did you apply if you don’t mind ?
Reply 3
Ah wish I had this for when I was deciding where to apply a month back!
I'm assuming you've researched this so please ignore me if I'm incorrect, but I thought Bristol was even more PS heavy than that? And I also think Cambridge puts a bit of emphasis on your predictions as well? I would've probably put it as holistic as they seem to look at almost everything.
Either way thanks for making this I'm sure people would find it useful for next year!
Original post by iras
Ah wish I had this for when I was deciding where to apply a month back!
I'm assuming you've researched this so please ignore me if I'm incorrect, but I thought Bristol was even more PS heavy than that? And I also think Cambridge puts a bit of emphasis on your predictions as well? I would've probably put it as holistic as they seem to look at almost everything.
Either way thanks for making this I'm sure people would find it useful for next year!

For Bristol the percentages are on their website, and your right, Cambridge does take a holistic approach but it looks at a levels grades and predictions more than anything..
Reply 5
Does anyone know the UKCAT cutoff from last year?
Original post by Xenice
Does anyone know the UKCAT cutoff from last year?

For which university?
Reply 7
Original post by lion-tiger
For which university?

For Liverpool. For some reason I forgot to mention that hehe
Original post by Xenice
For Liverpool. For some reason I forgot to mention that hehe

I don’t think that they have a cut off , but they said a competitive application would be 625 average... have you applied yet?
Reply 9
I don’t think that they have a cut off , but they said a competitive application would be 625 average... have you applied yet?

Yeah I applied before the deadline. I would be in real trouble if I have not applied yet hahah. Do you think they’ll go into clearing this year?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Xenice
Yeah I applied before the deadline. I would be in real trouble if I have not applied yet hahah. Do you think they’ll go into clearing this year?

They were in clearing last year... in fact I know a person who got into clearing who lives around my area in Liverpool... what are your stats btw and where did you apply?
Reply 11
They were in clearing last year... in fact I know a person who got into clearing who lives around my area in Liverpool... what are your stats btw and where did you apply?

I got a below average UKCAT score, when I mean below average I mean really really below average. Average GCSE’s 4A* 1 B rest A. Applied to UCLAN, Liverpool, Leeds and Lancaster. No 5th backup. Not looking good for me atm tbh. I wouldn’t say my PS is outstanding either.

I’m just thinking of doing more interesting things for my personal statement now so I can apply again in 2018 for 2019 entry. Kinda steered off topic sorry
Original post by Xenice
I got a below average UKCAT score, when I mean below average I mean really really below average. Average GCSE’s 4A* 1 B rest A. Applied to UCLAN, Liverpool, Leeds and Lancaster. No 5th backup. Not looking good for me atm tbh. I wouldn’t say my PS is outstanding either.

I’m just thinking of doing more interesting things for my personal statement now so I can apply again in 2018 for 2019 entry. Kinda steered off topic sorry

Try to focus on a levels and get the best grades so that if you don’t get in this year, you’ll be in a better position next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending