The Student Room Group

i want to work at primark

Hi ,i'm italian and the next month i will move in UK. My english is basic,I can understand when people speaks but sometimes i have a problems with some word, I wondering if i can apply to work at primark. I'M very scared about this situation because i dont now if i will be able to do an interview. wich are the questions that do at interviw? if i will work part time wich shift i will do? i would like to study in the evening , will be possible to work from 10 am to 2 pm ????? thanks very much
Reply 1
Original post by critha89
Hi ,i'm italian and the next month i will move in UK. My english is basic,I can understand when people speaks but sometimes i have a problems with some word, I wondering if i can apply to work at primark. I'M very scared about this situation because i dont now if i will be able to do an interview. wich are the questions that do at interviw? if i will work part time wich shift i will do? i would like to study in the evening , will be possible to work from 10 am to 2 pm ????? thanks very much

Do you think in italian or english?
Reply 2
Original post by t5y6u7i8
Do you think in italian or english?
in italian, and my level is b1 in english ..... i want improve....
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
in italian

Anyways your english is pretty good, I understood what you said. Primark doesn't have steep entry requirements to work at, you just need to be able to work hard and be friendly to customers.
Reply 4
Anyways your english is pretty good, I understood what you said. Primark doesn't have steep entry requirements to work at, you just need to be able to work hard and be friendly to customers.

They ask questions like why do you want to work here, your strengths and weaknesses, examples of times you've worked in a team / delivered excellent customer service / handled a difficult situation.

It's impossible to say what shift you will get. It purely depends on when they need their staff. Quite often shift work changes every week so one week you could do an early shift and the next you work a late shift.
There are better options than working for Primark. It is the lowest of the low as far as clothing goes.
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
They ask questions like why do you want to work here, your strengths and weaknesses, examples of times you've worked in a team / delivered excellent customer service / handled a difficult situation.

It's impossible to say what shift you will get. It purely depends on when they need their staff. Quite often shift work changes every week so one week you could do an early shift and the next you work a late shift.

well, thanks a lot
Reply 8
Original post by barnetlad
There are better options than working for Primark. It is the lowest of the low as far as clothing goes.

Yes , i know :smile: i will look for another option when i will be in uk
Reply 9
Original post by barnetlad

ABF (the owners of primark) are a very profitable company, I own £3000 worth of shares in ABF.
in italian, and my level is b1 in english ..... i want improve....

How many languages can you think in?
Reply 11
How many languages can you think in?

Sometimes i think in english , but it's hard ! because i live in italy for now and im in contact with italian. when i was in uk, 2 years ago, i thought in both languages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending