The Student Room Group

Build a Bear Work Experience?

Hi,
I'm in Year 11 and need to apply for a work experience placement soon-ish. Not sure if Build a Bear is a good idea or whether they offer any, but it just looks like such a fun place to work! From what I hear, you just need to be good with kids? Only thing is, is that I plan to go into Psychology in the future so I'm a bit wary about how useful this will be. Anyone had any experiences they wouldn't mind sharing? Or any other suggestions for experience elsewhere?
Thank youuu
Original post by AlbabA
Hi,
I'm in Year 11 and need to apply for a work experience placement soon-ish. Not sure if Build a Bear is a good idea or whether they offer any, but it just looks like such a fun place to work! From what I hear, you just need to be good with kids? Only thing is, is that I plan to go into Psychology in the future so I'm a bit wary about how useful this will be. Anyone had any experiences they wouldn't mind sharing? Or any other suggestions for experience elsewhere?
Thank youuu

Now, work experience is a tough one. I'd recommend going to a university like I did, expect that I changed my mind on what I wanted to do at uni (wanted to do Computer Science but decided I wanted to do Chemistry instead) and it's not very helpful with finding entry level jobs you might want to do at 16. Bur if you're 100% sure, go for a uni. Otherwise, go to Build-A-Bear. It might be useful if you end up working with children too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending