The Student Room Group

PENCIL !!

Hi guys, I accidentally wrote my CIE A-levels maths papers in pencil. Will my paper be ignored ? or marks deduction ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Only if it was an external exam I guess
Reply 2
lots of people have written in pencil but have still had their papers marked. it should be fine
Reply 3
What a relieve !! thanks cactuss
Original post by cactuss
lots of people have written in pencil but have still had their papers marked. it should be fine
Reply 4
Meaning ? If im a private candidate ?
Original post by tarataika
Only if it was an external exam I guess
Original post by nightlord
Meaning ? If im a private candidate ?

Nothing, he's talking junk.
Reply 6
So, I guess they still mark my papers then ?
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Nothing, he's talking junk.
Hi guys, I accidentally wrote my CIE A-levels maths papers in pencil. Will my paper be ignored ? or marks deduction ?

They just say use pen because it’s easier to see once scanned. Someone will just mark it on the paper if it doesn’t scan
Reply 8

I used to be a CIE exams officer - you'll be fine. The guidance given to exams officers is to photocopy the exam script if it was written in pencil so that none of the working becomes illegible once it is transported to CIE.

Even if your exams officer didn't do their job properly, it's very unlikely that any of your working will rub out unless you used a bad pencil :smile:
Hello everyone, I am an IB student that just finishes my IB exams. I am really afraid that I might have used pencils instead of pens for some of my written exams. I am really afraid now, will the examiners not mark my paper just because I have used pencils instead of pens so that I will lose my IB diploma because of the usage of pencils??? I am really afraid now.

Quick Reply

Latest