The Student Room Group

Girlfriend of several years wants a semi-open relationship?

Hi guys,

Me and my GF of almost 3 years have spoken about the ideas of threesomes before etc. But, now she has brought up the idea of that we could kiss other people in clubs but just kissing?

I'm not sure if to agree with it or not tbh, I'm sort of down for it but like... I don't want it to ruin what we have I guess?

Help? xD
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

Me and my GF of almost 3 years have spoken about the ideas of threesomes before etc. But, now she has brought up the idea of that we could kiss other people in clubs but just kissing?

I'm not sure if to agree with it or not tbh, I'm sort of down for it but like... I don't want it to ruin what we have I guess?

Help? xD

She suggested it so we don't miss out on anything at uni?
Reply 2
I think that you should tell her how you feel. If you are not one hundred percent sure you want it then tell her that. don't feel pressured to juts go along with it
Make love to her one last time with all your anger and aggression, like a beast of the bedroom.

Tell her it was special because it was the last time you will ever be hers

Then dump her
Reply 4
Original post by cactuss
I think that you should tell her how you feel. If you are not one hundred percent sure you want it then tell her that. don't feel pressured to juts go along with it

I've said we can talk about it Sunday, I see her on the weekends as our uni timetables are *******s.

I dunno, it's just its that we sort of have something special and I don't want it to be ****ed. We are our first long term partners so I don't blame her curiosity. I've just usually shrugged off the ideas that I think of.
Hi guys,

Help? xD

honestly what is the point of these relationships. if you want to kiss other people. break up with each other and then do your ****.
She suggested it so we don't miss out on anything at uni?

I think you need to consider if that's what you re willing to deal with to be with her otherwise I d end it now before your get hurt.
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
I think you need to consider if that's what you re willing to deal with to be with her otherwise I d end it now before your get hurt.

Aye, it seemed to be just a suggestion. If I said no then I'm very confident that she would be okay with it. We are quite invested in our relationship so ye.
Aye, it seemed to be just a suggestion. If I said no then I'm very confident that she would be okay with it. We are quite invested in our relationship so ye.

If you do say no, talk to her about why she feels she d be missing out so you know if you re on the same page.
Reply 9
Hi guys,

Help? xD

Given that open relationships are a step backward from commitment (only male feminists view them as 'progressive' and they are not men you should model yourself on) i would say that capitulating to her and agreeing to this would be an incredible act of weakness. To allow another man to soil your girlfriend so willingly would be outrageous. The fact that your sort of okay with it though suggests that this is not a relationship that you intend to yield fruit.

Reading down the page i would say that 'not missing out at university' is clearly 'not missing out on other men'. I would also suggest that she's clearly less invested in your relationship than you are.

You should stand firm with her and make it clear that kissing another man would be an act of disloyalty punishable by being dumped.
Original post by Rakas21
Given that open relationships are a step backward from commitment (only male feminists view them as 'progressive' and they are not men you should model yourself on) i would say that capitulating to her and agreeing to this would be an incredible act of weakness. To allow another man to soil your girlfriend so willingly would be outrageous. The fact that your sort of okay with it though suggests that this is not a relationship that you intend to yield fruit.

Reading down the page i would say that 'not missing out at university' is clearly 'not missing out on other men'. I would also suggest that she's clearly less invested in your relationship than you are.

You should stand firm with her and make it clear that kissing another man would be an act of disloyalty punishable by being dumped.

Soil your girlfriend 😂 you really have a way with words don't you.
Op, if it isn't something you feel completely comfortable with then don't do it. Open relationships aren't for everyone.
Original post by Ella-keturah
Soil your girlfriend 😂 you really have a way with words don't you.
Op, if it isn't something you feel completely comfortable with then don't do it. Open relationships aren't for everyone.

The wonderful thing about being online is i can make the same point i would in RL but using far more colourful metaphors.

At any rate, i'm sure if your boyfriend kissed another girl you'd describe that exchange of saliva in a less than pleasant way.
Reply 12
Hi guys,

Help? xD

Yo, pm me, I've got some controversial advice my brudda - TSR don't want me posting this stuff.

Peace,
Big J
It is something that you need to discuss with your girlfriend. Chances are if have doubts about it now, you will be unhappy with it if you follow through with your wishes. You say that it is just kissing, but what happens if things go further?
Ye I've spoken to her, she understands and doesn't want to ruin anything either. It was just a bit of curiosity she had I guess since we are both our only partners.

We are pretty invested in our relationship so neither of us want to **** **** up. She ain't the kind who would do behind my back either, we are fine now, guilt cripples the poor girl and I would know if she did lol.
Ye I've spoken to her, she understands and doesn't want to ruin anything either. It was just a bit of curiosity she had I guess since we are both our only partners.

We are pretty invested in our relationship so neither of us want to **** **** up. She ain't the kind who would do behind my back either, we are fine now, guilt cripples the poor girl and I would know if she did lol.

I mean I can't blame her, I've wondered it myself.
Reply 16
we could kiss other people in clubs but just kissing?

lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending