The Student Room Group

One night stand returning clothes

Basically last night I had a one night stand with a complete stranger and I was very drunk so don't remember much of it. When I woke up in the morning I panicked and borrowed his jeans and hoodie to get home as my clothes were ruined from vomit etc. I did't take note of which house number he lived at and now am struggling to return them. Any ideas on what I should do??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedGiant
Keep them for yourself and hope that you never see him again.

Or even better, donate them to a charity that reuses them and gives them to kids in Africa or something. They don't have the luxury of throwing away perfectly good clothes like they are going out of fashion.

Thanks for your reply and sounds like a good suggestion. Its just I feel bad for leaving with them and feel like I should return them. I only know the street address but not the number though so would have to knock on everyones door till I find the right place. I can't even remember what he looks like exactly. Am I over thinking things?
Original post by alalalal96969696
Thanks for your reply and sounds like a good suggestion. Its just I feel bad for leaving with them and feel like I should return them. I only know the street address but not the number though so would have to knock on everyones door till I find the right place. I can't even remember what he looks like exactly. Am I over thinking things?

You should probably be a little more concerned with the dangerous situation you put yourself in
If you were so drunk you vomited down yourself and don’t know where you were , the least thing to worry over is the clothes!
Keep them for a while. You may have exchanged details without remembering and he may ask
If you haven’t heard in 3-4 weeks, pass them on
Original post by Sammylou40
You should probably be a little more concerned with the dangerous situation you put yourself in
If you were so drunk you vomited down yourself and don’t know where you were , the least thing to worry over is the clothes!
Keep them for a while. You may have exchanged details without remembering and he may ask
If you haven’t heard in 3-4 weeks, pass them on

I know it was extremely irresponsible of me. We definitely didn't pass details and can't think of a way to get in contact as I don't even know his name
I know it was extremely irresponsible of me. We definitely didn't pass details and can't think of a way to get in contact as I don't even know his name

Put it down to experience learn from it
And do something good with the clothes
Original post by Sammylou40
Put it down to experience learn from it
And do something good with the clothes

Or could I put it in a bag at the end of the road with a note and hope he finds it?
Reply 6
Thief
Reply 7
Or could I put it in a bag at the end of the road with a note and hope he finds it?

Who sees a bag of discarded clothes on the street and decides to A) take a look, and upon finding a mysterious note B) takes them home and wears them?

Mark this as experience. Maybe don't drink so much you vomit all over yourself, go places with someone you don't know the name of and to places you don't know the location of in future.
Not much you can do tbh, if you don't know where to return them.
Reply 9
Basically last night I had a one night stand with a complete stranger and I was very drunk so don't remember much of it. When I woke up in the morning I panicked and borrowed his jeans and hoodie to get home as my clothes were ruined from vomit etc. I did't take note of which house number he lived at and now am struggling to return them. Any ideas on what I should do??

I'd be annoyed if a woman stole my clothes so find him on facebook or somebody that knows him.
Original post by Hanvyj
Who sees a bag of discarded clothes on the street and decides to A) take a look, and upon finding a mysterious note B) takes them home and wears them?

Mark this as experience. Maybe don't drink so much you vomit all over yourself, go places with someone you don't know the name of and to places you don't know the location of in future.

I completely agree with you but feel thats the best I can do to try and return them
Do not try and return them, you will be embarrassing yourself in my opinion to be honest.
And don’t repeat this behaviour again, you are extremely lucky that you weren’t taken advantage of in such a vulnerable state. Did you use protection?
Also jeans and a hoodie really isn’t that much of a big deal. If it were a fur coat it may be a bit different!
Original post by Rakas21
I'd be annoyed if a woman stole my clothes so find him on facebook or somebody that knows him.

Honestly Ive tried but can't remember his name and no one I know saw him
Original post by del1rious
Do not try and return them, you will be embarrassing yourself in my opinion to be honest.
And don’t repeat this behaviour again, you are extremely lucky that you weren’t taken advantage of in such a vulnerable state. Did you use protection?

Ok, thanks for your advice, just feel bad about it though. Definitely will not be repeating this. Yeah I'm fine we used protection
Reply 15
This is just collateral damage from a ons. Unless you would like to see him again I would launder them and keep them for a short while before giving them away or dumping them.
well he got the sex so it still good for him
Reply 17
Just keep it. Whats he going to do, call the police? Tell them that someone he barely remembers stole his hoodie and jeans. lol doubt he would and even if he was anal enough to do so the police would probably laugh in his face before telling him to stop wasting their time. just keep them as a souvenir or take them to a charity shop
If I were him I wouldn't want someone who pukes on themselves and wears clothes without bathing wearing anything of mine.

keep them and burn them.
Reply 19
didn't even get his name?

that's pretty bad OP..............

you're not a "lad"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending