The Student Room Group

advice (I can't send a private message to your account)

Hello,

In regards to maths there is only really one thing you can do which is practice constantly. I started early by doing all the last 15 past papers for each module. After completing each exam paper I would write out each question I got wrong or struggled with in the paper in a separate book so after completing all 15 papers I now had a bank of questions and solutions to work through. When leading up to the exams I would repeatedly attempt these questions until I was sure of the particular type of question. I would recommend to also look at questions from the Solomon papers that are similar to the aqa question and attempt them as I found some of the aqa questions would be frustrated easy and a waste of time compared to what the papers have become now.

I would also like to say a side note that I'm not particularly mathematically brained and do struggle with complex parts of physics and maths but for maths especially I found it's all about revising.

Last note is that I think the modules I picked really helped also I picked c1,c2,s1 in as and at A level you can just take 2 A level modules and a third as module which in my case was c3,c4 and decision 1. Stats 1 I found easy with revision so the first year I hated core 1. At A level I picked decision 1 which was easy without much revision which left be a lot of time to focus on c3 and 4. I am now at uni and struggling with maths compared to my peers who mostly got A's at a level and I think this is mainly because they picked all a2 modules in the second year. Choose wisely!

Goodluck:smile:
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by c4c4
Hello,

In regards to maths there is only really one thing you can do which is practice constantly. I started early by doing all the last 15 past papers for each module. After completing each exam paper I would write out each question I got wrong or struggled with in the paper in a separate book so after completing all 15 papers I now had a bank of questions and solutions to work through. When leading up to the exams I would repeatedly attempt these questions until I was sure of the particular type of question. I would recommend to also look at questions from the Solomon papers that are similar to the aqa question and attempt them as I found some of the aqa questions would be frustrated easy and a waste of time compared to what the papers have become now.

I would also like to say a side note that I'm not particularly mathematically brained and do struggle with complex parts of physics and maths but for maths especially I found it's all about revising.

Last note is that I think the modules I picked really helped also I picked c1,c2,s1 in as and at A level you can just take 2 A level modules and a third as module which in my case was c3,c4 and decision 1. Stats 1 I found easy with revision so the first year I hated core 1. At A level I picked decision 1 which was easy without much revision which left be a lot of time to focus on c3 and 4. I am now at uni and struggling with maths compared to my peers who mostly got A's at a level and I think this is mainly because they picked all a2 modules in the second year. Choose wisely!

Goodluck:smile:

I assume you didn't start this thread and the OP has deleted their post?

you can't send a pm to them as they have deleted their account it seems.

Original post by Notnek
I assume you didn't start this thread and the OP has deleted their post?

looks like they were trying to reply to someone's pm

Quick Reply

Latest