The Student Room Group

Driving theory test

Is a month and two weeks enough time to revise for a Theory test? If anyone has passed can u give me some helpful tips/advice is it hard? Or common sense?
Mostly common sense. My Brother passed his last year and he always said to treat drivers like they are idiots. You do need to revise because the pass rate is really high - like around 85%. I think a month and 2 weeks is more than enough time. My brother was studying for his A-levels whilst learning to drive and he kinda neglected his driving theory revision for A-level revision so when he finally revised for his theory test he had 2 weeks til he had to take his exam and he got 87% on the first try.
Original post by LoukaGreen
Mostly common sense. My Brother passed his last year and he always said to treat drivers like they are idiots. You do need to revise because the pass rate is really high - like around 85%. I think a month and 2 weeks is more than enough time. My brother was studying for his A-levels whilst learning to drive and he kinda neglected his driving theory revision for A-level revision so when he finally revised for his theory test he had 2 weeks til he had to take his exam and he got 87% on the first try.

He got 87% on the theory questions? That would have been a fail.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Well it's not because he passed and drives me school most days then drives himself to Uni. so he didn't fail it.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

No, it's a pass. The minimum is 43/50 which is 86%.
Can you do maths?
Original post by PleaseHelppppp
No, it's a pass. The minimum is 43/50 which is 86%.
Can you do maths?

Right, my bad - nothing wrong with my maths, I just could have sworn it was 44/50 when I passed :lol:
Reply 6
Original post by Maro122
Is a month and two weeks enough time to revise for a Theory test? If anyone has passed can u give me some helpful tips/advice is it hard? Or common sense?

I revised for 3 weeks and I got 48/50 on the theory and 6/75 on the hazard perception.

There is quite a lot of common sense but then again there are lots of questions where they ask you about rules, speed restictions of certain roads, stopping distances, patterns found in road signs, driving techniques, how and when ABS doesn't work,what to do when someone is unconcious, the difference between paedestrian crossings.

I think you get the picture, you will need to remember quite a lot of information.

I recommend that you start revising soon (e.g in the next week) and then do lots of mocks for the theory test and the hazard perception.

It should take you a week, or less, to cover everything that you need to know,
Reply 7
Original post by Maro122

That's plenty of time I only started like 2 weeks before the test
the questions are the same as the ones you practise on like word for word
I used the AA revision DVD and the questions were honest to god the same ones I took on the actual test like the actual photo and everything so It isn't too hard

My advice for the Hazard perception bit (which I buggered up the first time) is no matter what you get told in the intro video they play in the actual test ALWAYS click at least twice on EVERY hazard you see. As sometimes it isn't within the small time frame you have to click so that way you have two chances to get it in as sometimes you might be clicking too soon which is BS but unfortunately thats the system they use -__-

Anyway Good Luck with it X
Reply 8
I started revising the day before, did about 3 hours revision and passed first time. It's all common sense.
Original post by Maro122

Hi there! :wavey:

This thread should be in the Learning to drive forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there for you! :h:

I revised using the "Official DVSA App" the morning of my test date and passed it :lol: I leave revision last minute, as usual :rofl:

It's common sense really.
(edited 6 years ago)
try top tests uk. A lot of their tests are free, I spent all day on their website the day before and I got 50/50! A lot of questions that came up in the test came up on the website too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending