The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
Rather than all these what-ifs, it would be easier if you just stated which universities you have actually applied to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd rather not, but thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by GCSE 9

why not?
Original post by sortmeoutgeezer
why not?

No comment
Original post by GCSE 9

Then everything is hypothetical and quite possibly wrong. For example, it was only by knowing that you were considering Cambridge that people were able to give you relevant advice. So unless you mention your actual choices the thread is frankly of no further utility.

You have an anonymous username, so it doesn't make any difference by mentioning your actual university choices.
(edited 6 years ago)
I went to an Oxbridge talk about a month ago and they said that they take all the elements of your application equally into account, not just grades. If you have a strong personal statement and experience in the field (shadowing, EPQ...) you can also get in. Everyone is gonna have 10 A*s but you need to do something related to the field that would really make you stand out and show you are really interested in the subject. Hope that helps x
(edited 6 years ago)
Then everything is hypothetical and quite possibly wrong. For example, it was only by knowing that you were considering Cambridge that people were able to give you relevant advice. So unless you mention your actual choices the thread is frankly of no further utility.

You have an anonymous username, so it doesn't make any difference by mentioning your actual university choices.

That's the thing, I am interested in Cambridge but everyone on the thread thought that it was Cambridge or nothing but I'll say it again that where ever I get into medicine will be alot for me, I once was considering engineering/computer science and my main focus was Cambridge but this is medicine and where ever I got to (if I get an offer) will be great. :smile:
Original post by namelessfeelsx
I went to an Oxbridge talk about a month ago and they said that they take all the elements of your application equally into account, not just grades. If you have a strong personal statement and experience in the field (shadowing, EPQ...) you can also get in. Everyone is gonna have 10 A*s but you need to do something related to the field that would really makes you stand out and show you are really interested in the subject. Hope that helps x

Will this make me stand out- wellbeing ambassader and a MOOC :smile:
i got 3 a* 1 a and 1 c at IGCSE and 1A* 1A and 1B at a levels can i get admission into UCL,ICL or queen marry
Original post by zainali420
i got 3 a* 1 a and 1 c at IGCSE and 1A* 1A and 1B at a levels can i get admission into UCL,ICL or queen marry

no cos u got a B at A level
but i have reappeared for that subject in october if i get A then?
secondly i have done SAT 2 do i need to appear for ukcat?
but i have reappeared for that subject in october if i get A then?
secondly i have done SAT 2 do i need to appear for ukcat?

Barts, UCL, Imperial don't accept resits but there are other unis that do :smile:
Original post by manlike99
Barts, UCL, Imperial don't accept resits but there are other unis that do :smile:

for ex. which institutions?
for ex. which institutions?

exeter liverpool lancaster etc
Original post by fishy789
is his name Ibrahim Mohammed (as in Ibz Mo the YouTuber)?

Ibz Mo "got in" because of extenuating circumstances, and being a mature student (slightly different criteria) and because GCSEs are not that important for Cambridge.

It's not uncommon to have less than perfect GCSEs. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ibz Mo "got in" because of extenuating circumstances, and being a mature student (slightly different criteria) and because GCSEs are not that important for Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He got in because of "extenuating circumstances"

Savage

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he would have got in even if he didn't have extenuating circumstances... The guy got A*A*A at A level and you can tell he would have nailed the interview too
Original post by RedGiant

Savage

My understanding is the ECs affected his GCSEs. Could be wrong, I haven't watched an entire video of his...
Original post by RedGiant

Savage

yeah agreed, very savage hahaha
Original post by manlike99
I think he would have got in even if he didn't have extenuating circumstances... The guy got A*A*A at A level and you can tell he would have nailed the interview too

Yep, his A-level results are MUCH more important :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending