The Student Room Group

What's a word for someone who always tries to improve things around them?

I've been desperately trying to get it. So far I've got perfectionist but I sort of want a step down from that.
I basically need a synonym for OCD
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Bodhisattva
Original post by mlyke
I've been desperately trying to get it. So far I've got perfectionist but I sort of want a step down from that

Altruist? Humanitarian?
humble
Engineer.:biggrin:
Original post by mlyke
I've been desperately trying to get it. So far I've got perfectionist but I sort of want a step down from that

IDK, I've got like a little OCD, so I'm always trying to perfect stuff, I kinda want to break out of the habit though.
optimistic?
in some situations, a control freak
Reply 8
That's the word I need ahahah, that's exactly it. I can't put OCD though since I need it for my personal statement
Original post by JMR2017
IDK, I've got like a little OCD, so I'm always trying to perfect stuff, I kinda want to break out of the habit though.
Original post by mlyke
That's the word I need ahahah, that's exactly it. I can't put OCD though since I need it for my personal statement

Lol. Don't put it on your personal statement, it's not really a healthy habit xD.
Reply 10
Original post by JMR2017
Lol. Don't put it on your personal statement, it's not really a healthy habit xD.

ahah ik but if i find the word i phrased it in a way that sounds good
Creative, Entrepreneurial, Determined, Optimistic, Forward-thinking.
Perfectionist.
Tricky ground here, and ambiguous at best. You could apply your description to any point on the spectrum that spans between generous/selfless and arrogant/controlling.
Innovative? If you're always trying to improve something and make thing better aren't you innovative? Always trying to improve the process and find a new more efficient way to do things.

Quick Reply

Latest