The Student Room Group

UCL is asking about my maths, shall I change?

I’ve submitted my ucas on Friday and ucl emailed me asking for my maths module marks because I applied for economics. I did maths a year early and I’m resitting modules, the form says to put down AS modules but my AS modules were B c1 B c2 and an E in decision (going to resit).

The form does let me put down additional modules that I’ve taken so I could put down my A2 modules where I got A* c3 A* c4 but a C in stats (remark).

If i have to put down my AS grades for maths I don’t feel like it’s worth me applying to ucl because it’s not on the same level as the competiton. I could put down my A2 grades as well but again they might think “this guy got a B overall, is it fair he got three years to do his maths vs two of other applicants”

I didn’t put down my maths modules because they weren’t cashed in and my school advised again it. Shall I still apply to ucl or substitute it for Bristol where I’m eligible for a contextual?
Reply 1
Btw my predicted grade is 3A*A but again my maths AS grade is making me reconsider even applying there, I would like to have an offer from ucl but if it’s likely they’ll reject me I may consider bristol
Original post by jschohan
I’ve submitted my ucas on Friday and ucl emailed me asking for my maths module marks because I applied for economics. I did maths a year early and I’m resitting modules, the form says to put down AS modules but my AS modules were B c1 B c2 and an E in decision (going to resit).

The form does let me put down additional modules that I’ve taken so I could put down my A2 modules where I got A* c3 A* c4 but a C in stats (remark).

If i have to put down my AS grades for maths I don’t feel like it’s worth me applying to ucl because it’s not on the same level as the competiton. I could put down my A2 grades as well but again they might think “this guy got a B overall, is it fair he got three years to do his maths vs two of other applicants”

I didn’t put down my maths modules because they weren’t cashed in and my school advised again it. Shall I still apply to ucl or substitute it for Bristol where I’m eligible for a contextual?

They probably want all of them, unfortunately. I normally try to hide the bad grades behind the better ones like:
C4 - A*
C3-A*
D1 - E
C1- B
C2 - B
S1 - C
Reply 3
Original post by simongregor12
They probably want all of them, unfortunately. I normally try to hide the bad grades behind the better ones like:
C4 - A*
C3-A*
D1 - E
C1- B
C2 - B
S1 - C

Haha unfortunately they have all the maths modules written on the form so I couldn’t even order it like that 😂

What do u think? Is it worth me applying to ucl then with all my maths marks?
Haha unfortunately they have all the maths modules written on the form so I couldn’t even order it like that 😂

What do u think? Is it worth me applying to ucl then with all my maths marks?

Obviously its worth it. Whats the worse that's gonna happen, you'll get declined just like if u didn't apply anyway.
Reply 5
Original post by simongregor12
Obviously its worth it. Whats the worse that's gonna happen, you'll get declined just like if u didn't apply anyway.

Btw thanks for the advice, I got an offer today from UCL for econ, seems like they didn’t mind too much about my maths after all :smile:
Reply 6
I've also applied to UCL and on my maths module form I put C3 and C4 at an A grade even though they were both above 90ums. Am I correct that the maximum module grade possible is an A even in C3 and C4 since an A* is only achieved by an average of 90 between both? Will they think I've only achieved an A in maths even though my prediction for maths is an A*? Thanks.
Reply 7
Original post by benlg3
I've also applied to UCL and on my maths module form I put C3 and C4 at an A grade even though they were both above 90ums. Am I correct that the maximum module grade possible is an A even in C3 and C4 since an A* is only achieved by an average of 90 between both? Will they think I've only achieved an A in maths even though my prediction for maths is an A*? Thanks.

I put down A* for C3 C4 but if you’re unsure I would ask at your college/school to be absolutely certain, I didn’t see what was wrong in putting them as A*s as they were A2 modules above 90 ums but I would recommend asking to be sure.
Reply 8
I put down A* for C3 C4 but if you’re unsure I would ask at your college/school to be absolutely certain, I didn’t see what was wrong in putting them as A*s as they were A2 modules above 90 ums but I would recommend asking to be sure.

I've already submitted it so im not sure if I should contact the admissions team and I'm yet to receive an offer so I'm slightly scared that it may have reduced my competitiveness.
Reply 9
Original post by benlg3
I've already submitted it so im not sure if I should contact the admissions team and I'm yet to receive an offer so I'm slightly scared that it may have reduced my competitiveness.

If I were you I’d contact them immediately and let them know that you got A*s in c3 c4 and would like to submit the form again. If your AS grades were good I don’t think it would have reduced the competitiveness of your application, if you had A*s in c3 c4 I would assume you’d have a very strong application regardless and you have got the A* prediction in maths anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by benlg3

Email them to clarify and include your UMS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending