The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Medicine 2018 entry - UK/EU Students

Who has applied for 2018 entry? I think there are only around 15 places available for UK/EU students.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ishea16
is this for UCLan?there's 17 places, I have applied, what about you?

Yes i've applied too. 17 places seems really small, idk if the decision was too risky. Hmm. I'd happily go to UCLan though
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Ishea16
they are only taking people from the north west, idk should be ok hopefullyyy

Do you know many people who have applied to do Medicine here as well? I know you aren't mystic Meg, but in your opinion - around about how many people do you think applied from the NW?I think around 100-200, but I don't think many people knew they opened up this year though.
Reply 3
Original post by Ishea16
ahahaa honestly, I have no idea. Not many people knew about this so around 100 I think??
I asked them when the interviews are and they said between 2nd and 8th Dec so we should know soon enough if we got an interview or not...
how did you find out uclan had spaces this year?

I was quite fortunate actually because my college emailed me about it. If I was never emailed about it, I would’ve never known. I can’t think of any other way of finding out if I was never emailed tbh. How about you?
Hey I have an interview first week in December. I'm a graduate.
As I'm a graduate it's all resting on getting accepted and getting a scholarship so really unlikely!

Are all of you from the NW?
Reply 5
Original post by YorkshireSoapCo
Hey I have an interview first week in December. I'm a graduate.
As I'm a graduate it's all resting on getting accepted and getting a scholarship so really unlikely!

Are all of you from the NW?

Yes i think we are all from the NW. Good luck in your interview. Did you get the interview invite last Tuesday?
Original post by Xenice
Yes i think we are all from the NW. Good luck in your interview. Did you get the interview invite last Tuesday?

Thank you! Yeah I did!

Are you a graduate or undergraduate?
Like I said before my chances are really low because I'm a graduate so I need to get an offer but get one of the two scholarships 😭🙏
Reply 8
Thank you! Yeah I did!

Are you a graduate or undergraduate?

I’m an undergraduate. I’ve not gotten an invite so far and they said they send the invites in waves so hopefully I’ll get one in the next couple of days . One can hope 😭
Original post by Xenice
I’m an undergraduate. I’ve not gotten an invite so far and they said they send the invites in waves so hopefully I’ll get one in the next couple of days . One can hope 😭

Fingers crossed for you!
When did you submit your application?
I submitted mine 3 days before the October UCAS deadline
Reply 10
Fingers crossed for you!
When did you submit your application?
I submitted mine 3 days before the October UCAS deadline

I think I was the same. But I did send my transferable skills statement quite late. Thinking back now applying here when there’s only 17 places seems quite crazy haha
Reply 11
Original post by Xenice
I think I was the same. But I did send my transferable skills statement quite late. Thinking back now applying here when there’s only 17 places seems quite crazy haha

i got an interview too but i was wondering any ideas anyone on how many people are interviewed and of those how many get in
Original post by hoozy_
i got an interview too but i was wondering any ideas anyone on how many people are interviewed and of those how many get in

It's a completely guess but I honestly can't see many applying, I'd guess at no more than 100?!
Reply 13
Original post by hoozy_

I’m not sure for what it’s going to be like for this year, but to give you an idea:

‘During the 2016 admissions cycle approximately 30% of applicants to the MBBS programme were interviewed. Approximately 75% of interviewed candidates received an offer to study medicine at UCLan’

I got it from the UCLAN website
Reply 14
I am so happy! Just got my interview invite today 😂😭 So what date have you guys chosen?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Ishea16
6 dec :smile:

I chose the latest, the 19th. When I went to book, I thought that date would be the most filled up and I was surprised it wasn't. But now i'm thinking they might expect more of me since i'm one of those who had more time to prepare :/
Im a 1st year med student at UCLan so feel free to ask me any questions :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by gaurav.kanna
Im a 1st year med student at UCLan so feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

How should we prepare for the MMIs at UCLAN?
Original post by a.jacob
How should we prepare for the MMIs at UCLAN?

I recommend you buy this book, it is really useful:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-Interviews-Questions-Analysed-Multiple-Mini-Interviews/dp/1905812051/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511193226&sr=8-1&keywords=medicine+mmi

If you know anyone else who has done an interview before, try organise a mock interview to help you prepare.
Reply 19
Did anyone else choose the latest date for their interview?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest