The Student Room Group

Don’t want to seem like a ‘psycho’ girlfriend, but would this bother you?

I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years now, things are great and we have never argued.

Lately, one of his work colleagues has started to make me feel a bit conscious. My partner is older than me, and works full time. He is with the same staff everyday, which he employs himself.

Every time I am with him, I notice she messages him a lot. This is totally fine, expect I’ve noticed she has started ending messages with “xxxx” or even a “❤️” on one goodnight message.

Naturally, I got upset. She’s very pretty, more his age and they see each other more through the week than he see’s me. I brought it up to him the other night and he got really pissed off with me and said I was being paranoid. Maybe I am. How would you react in this situation?

I have every faith he wouldn’t cheat on me
Original post by blondie_9
I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years now, things are great and we have never argued.

Lately, one of his work colleagues has started to make me feel a bit conscious. My partner is older than me, and works full time. He is with the same staff everyday, which he employs himself.

Every time I am with him, I notice she messages him a lot. This is totally fine, expect I’ve noticed she has started ending messages with “xxxx” or even a “❤️” on one goodnight message.

Naturally, I got upset. She’s very pretty, more his age and they see each other more through the week than he see’s me. I brought it up to him the other night and he got really pissed off with me and said I was being paranoid. Maybe I am. How would you react in this situation?

Well you won't get the answer if you don't ask the question. So, did you actually ask him if there's something up between them?
Reply 2
I said to him that I noticed she messages him a lot, and the kisses upset me. His reply was everybody puts “kisses” to everybody and that I needed to chill out. I feel like I won’t get an answer, as I am made out to be in the wrong
Reply 3

Good: though you could have spared yourself (and us) an apparently irrelevant multi-paragraph diatribe by simply stating this outright.
Reply 4
Would bother me for sure. He’d be annoyed if it was the other way round, right?
Reply 5
The multi paragraphs were simply explaining 😂 I was more curious if other people would be ok with this kind of thing in their own relationships.
She likes him
I'd be more pissed off at him getting pissed off at a harmless inquiry. Why is he clawing at you like he's guilty? Emphasise to him clearly that the bimbo can say and type what she wants but that you'd expect him not to return the x's and hearts etc, etc.
Reply 8
Lol yeh i'd be asking questions
I brought it up to him the other night and he got really pissed off with me and said I was being paranoid. Maybe I am. How would you react in this situation?

The messages sound dodge but the fact he's getting defensive shows somethings going on, if he had nothing to hide why would he get so uptight about it.
Reply 10
Original post by mellowyellow86
It’s not on that he got pissy with you over that. Anyone would question someone sending their partner texts. He shouldn’t shame you for your insecurity over that.

Yeah. It's as simple as him putting down some boundaries with the staff. 'xxx' from a staff member is inappropriate however you shake it.
Reply 11

I think you were right to say something

the x's were a bit borderline ...but the hearts is definitely veering into dodgy territory...
I kinda only send kisses to people I consider friends or family, but never to male friends as i feel it may set off the wrong vibe. I would say calmly tell him it makes you uncomfortable and see what he says
Original post by chanel_666
She likes him

No shite Sherlock
Original post by lmaooome
No shite Sherlock

Do u want beef huh ??
Original post by chanel_666
Do u want beef huh ??

come @ me i have a blocked nose so i think of better roasts b xoxoox
you're not psycho. i'd feel uneasy as well....i think your boyfriend should set some boundaries if he really cared about you....as for the colleague girl, she'll probably continue to do what she wants......so it's your boyfriend who needs to set boundaries.
Okay I think the xxx stuff is weird coz personally I would send it my female friends or a guy I liked. I think this girl likes him and he is enjoying the attention

Second I think he is guilty of something. Coz why would he get pissed at you for asking questions? He's obviously up to something . So yeah that would be a red flag for me. Be careful x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending