The Student Room Group

Applying for maths and computer science

I am considering applying to a few universities for maths and computer science, and some just maths. Do I need to change my personal statement as it is just about maths. Should I add in a small bit about computer science? I have no experience with computer science in any way shape or form.
Thanks!
I would add in anything about what has motivated or inspired you to continue your education with a newly founded subject (newly found by yourself) as you have no past with the subject.
You only need to include a paragraph or so.
Try programming and talk about it.

As a sidenote, I was going to apply for computer science but then I decided to go for compsci and maths, so why'd you change it?
Reply 3
Original post by emperorCode
You only need to include a paragraph or so.
Try programming and talk about it.

As a sidenote, I was going to apply for computer science but then I decided to go for compsci and maths, so why'd you change it?

Thanks!

The course looks good in the universities I want to apply, and full maths seems a bit daunting to be honest. I dont want to do full compsci because I still really want to do some pure maths. The entry requirements are also lower and average graduate salary is higher.
Reply 4
Original post by ExamJon54
I would add in anything about what has motivated or inspired you to continue your education with a newly founded subject (newly found by yourself) as you have no past with the subject.

Hmm cool doesn't seem too difficult :h: Thank you!
Original post by F.SA
Thanks!

The course looks good in the universities I want to apply, and full maths seems a bit daunting to be honest. I dont want to do full compsci because I still really want to do some pure maths. The entry requirements are also lower and average graduate salary is higher.

Fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest