The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by N/A IS THE NAME
They dont need to enter they go around in vans and check- thru satellite waves or something.

It's not possible to do that

Original post by Reue
Ignore their unenforceable letters, as I have been for the past 6 years:

/thread

>before a hearing is set in court
>if you are asked to appear in court

bunch of goons lmao

I also like how they don't have your name and are threatening you with legal action.
Original post by Reue
Source?

No.. really,... any source what so ever that proves they have any admissible evidence gathered from 'detector vans'...

Please stop spreading the lies

Maybe u should search it before u call someone a liar
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
>before a hearing is set in court
>if you are asked to appear in court

bunch of goons lmao

I also like how they don't have your name and are threatening you with legal action.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ72
Reply 22
Maybe u should search it before u call someone a liar

Search what? I asked you for a source for your statement, that's all the searching that is required.
Original post by Reue
Search what? I asked you for a source for your statement, that's all the searching that is required.

Hah so how do u know its a lie without a source proving the statement is false???
Reply 24
Hah so how do u know its a lie without a source proving the statement is false???

Yeaaaah... the way 'facts' usually work is that they are false until someone proves them as a 'fact'.

Especially so when you were the first to mention said 'fact'.

So again, I ask you; Please provide a single source showing that evidence gathered from a detector van was admissible.
Original post by Reue
Yeaaaah... the way 'facts' usually work is that they are false until someone proves them as a 'fact'.

Especially so when you were the first to mention said 'fact'.

So again, I ask you; Please provide a single source showing that evidence gathered from a detector van was admissible.

“Usually”
Reply 26
“Usually”

Ok bro, have a good sleep :smile:
We need to defund the BBC. It has lost its way and no longer serves the public enough.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeh i dont agree with their letters.
I was apparently 'under investigation' like others on this thread just because i plain forgot to reply to their first letter because they sent it like the first week of uni and i had/have a million other things to remember.
I replied now on their website (it's actually hard to find the link to actually reply with idk if that's intentional or not :/) saying i didnt need one cos i dont but thanks BBC for the cardiac arrest you nearly gave me
Reply 29
Original post by CoolCavy
Yeh i dont agree with their letters.
I was apparently 'under investigation' like others on this thread just because i plain forgot to reply to their first letter because they sent it like the first week of uni and i had/have a million other things to remember.
I replied now on their website (it's actually hard to find the link to actually reply with idk if that's intentional or not :/) saying i didnt need one cos i dont but thanks BBC for the cardiac arrest you nearly gave me

You actually don't need to reply at all, there is no legal requirement to inform them that you don't need a licence and by replying you're just confirming your contact details so they can send more personalised harassment.
Original post by Reue
You actually don't need to reply at all, there is no legal requirement to inform them that you don't need a licence and by replying you're just confirming your contact details so they can send more personalised harassment.

We never replied when we were at uni. They did give up writing to us at some point.
Reply 31
Original post by Tiger Rag
We never replied when we were at uni. They did give up writing to us at some point.

You're luckier than I was! I had letters non-stop for a good 6+ years, plus 3 inspector visits.
Original post by Reue
You're luckier than I was! I had letters non-stop for a good 6+ years, plus 3 inspector visits.

That is just ridiculous!
Reply 33
Original post by Tiger Rag
That is just ridiculous!

It was. I just kept refusing them access, they got quite wound up. Goons.
They are bullies.. every household ive lived in and with others we didnt have tv or watch live .. their letters get eorse and worse. THEY ARE DRAMATIC!! BULLY BOYS..!

Latest