The Student Room Group

My weight loss diary

Okay so I’m a whale, basically I’m 16, 5’0’’ and 12 stone 12lbs (or 180 lbs) I hate myself although I act like I don’t have I have rolls everywhere, stretch marks you name it. I’m also about a UK 14 and larger than my mum!

Goal- 8 stone (112lbs) don’t care when by but perhaps 1-2 years but this is a complete rough time goal

It will be hard I have tried weight loss countless times and failed but hopefully with this blog I will be motivated and perhaps even inspire someone to do the same!

If you want to follow me on my fitness pal my username is: studygeekscience
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Studygeekscience
Okay so I’m a whale, basically I’m 16, 5’0’’ and 12 stone 12lbs (or 180 lbs) I hate myself although I act like I don’t have I have rolls everywhere, stretch marks you name it. I’m also about a UK 14 and larger than my mum!

Goal- 8 stone (112lbs) don’t care when by but perhaps 1-2 years but this is a complete rough time goal

It will be hard I have tried weight loss countless times and failed but hopefully with this blog I will be motivated and perhaps even inspire someone to do the same!

whats ur calorie deficit looking like
Original post by angrypoliceman
whats ur calorie deficit looking like

What is a calorie deficit? I’m planning on eating around 1650 kcal a day to begin but I have a feeling these aren’t the same thing
Day 1- Sat 28th October 2017

I was intending this to be the first proper day on documenting my fitness and other thing but no I needed to babysit. I was gutted because I had so much to get done for school as I start back again Monday but I ended up babysitting 8.30- 6. what made I worse was the baby was crying a good 90% of the time.:frown:

However the baby would not let go of me so I was pretty much continually holding him so today my arm is absolutely killing me (but only the left one)

^ This is not how I intend to document and I will start a fresh tomorrow, just today was a weird day and I wouldn't have had time to calculate calories even though I had no chance to eat loads! I did go on a 2 hour walk pushing a pram just to keep him quiet! :smile:
Reply 4
Don't worry, life never goes as planned! Just keep trying. It's not just how much but what you eat, but I'm sure you know that! Keep determined and you'll get there ☺️
Original post by bald66
Don't worry, life never goes as planned! Just keep trying. It's not just how much but what you eat, but I'm sure you know that! Keep determined and you'll get there ☺️

Thank you so much for your support! I will try to stick to that attitude!
Sorry I haven't been adding on time my wifi is shocking in the evening for some reason.

Day 2- Sunday 29th October 2017

Off to a good start today I think, started the day by watching an episode of friends and a cup of tea then after that did two cardio workouts from the YouTube channel Xhit a total of about 20 mins. After that had quite a lazy day and just finished all of my school work I had more than I thought (as usual). After this I only managed to walk the dog for 20 minutes so not as active a day as usual but that’s what Sundays are for! Finished the day with a roast where I tried to have more veggies and meat than potatoes.

Overall I consumed roughly 1750 kcals.

Not sure how many I have burnt as my internet is down and my Fitbit can't connect but I would estimate about 250-300. I will edit the actual amount in later.
@CleverSquirrel can give you her advice from experience, she lost 2 stone in 3 months after joining a gym :smile:

heyyyyooo!!!

If you log onto MFP it normally gives you’ve a max calorie intake for a day according to your age, height and weight (that can also be called a calorie deficit, basically a reduction in the amount of calories you intake in a day)

When I started mine, it said to only have 1200 a day, but as i lost more and more weight and started to gain muscle and maintain my weight, my calorie intake has gone up to 1300!

Have you tried may be a low calorie and high protein diet? I started off with that for a good 2 months and the weight loss was actually visable and I could see changes in myself, reduce carbs but a large fraction, but dont cut them out completely, and have more protein! i just have more white meats than red cuz im not a fan of red meat personally... :colondollar:

Also I tried the YouTube videos when i first attempted to lose weight, which are great for a while but I’ve learnt that cardio doesn’t do much in terms of weight loss, you want to be lifting and doing weights which are very good for fat burn!!

I joined the gym and by only doing about 20-30 mins of cardio to start off with and then doing weights, the weigh loss was quicker and you can actually see the results!

Maybe try and join the gym, get a membership and that’ll keep you on track, my blog keeps me motivated to go and i have to log what ive been up at the end of the and it really works hahaha!

Read the FAQs on this section, all the big shots on here have come up with really good and detailed advice on what to do and generally give help too!

Good luck!! (Sorry for the typos I’ve done this from my phone)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CleverSquirrel
heyyyyooo!!!

If you log onto MFP it normally gives you’ve a max calorie intake for a day according to your age, height and weight (that can also be called a calorie deficit, basically a reduction in the amount of calories you intake in a day)

When I started mine, it said to only have 1200 a day, but as i lost more and more weight and started to gain muscle and maintain my weight, my calorie intake has gone up to 1300!

Have you tried may be a low calorie and high protein diet? I started off with that for a good 2 months and the weight loss was actually visable and I could see changes in myself, reduce carbs but a large fraction, but dont cut them out completely, and have more protein! i just have more white meats than red cuz im not a fan of red meat personally... :colondollar:

Also I tried the YouTube videos when i first attempted to lose weight, which are great for a while but I’ve learnt that cardio doesn’t do much in terms of weight loss, you want to be lifting and doing weights which are very good for fat burn!!

I joined the gym and by only doing about 20-30 mins of cardio to start off with and then doing weights, the weigh loss was quicker and you can actually see the results!

Maybe try and join the gym, get a membership and that’ll keep you on track, my blog keeps me motivated to go and i have to log what ive been up at the end of the and it really works hahaha!

Read the FAQs on this section, all the big shots on here have come up with really good and detailed advice on what to do and generally give help too!

Good luck!! (Sorry for the typos I’ve done this from my phone)

Ahh Hello!

I think my calorie deficit is 1400 then as that is how much I have been aiming to eat.
I am definitely trying to eat more protein and things like that than carbs. luckily this is almost something that comes naturally to me I just have a massive sweet tooth!:tongue:

I have also thought about joining a gym however I have decided that this will be my reward for getting past the 12st mark just so that I know I am dedicated and less likely to not go to the gym! I also love swimming so I will need to find a deal that includes this.
as for weights I only have dumbbells at home that I can use for the time being, do you have any exercises to do with these?

Good luck to you too and thank you for your wonderful advice!:smile:
Ahh Hello!

I think my calorie deficit is 1400 then as that is how much I have been aiming to eat.
I am definitely trying to eat more protein and things like that than carbs. luckily this is almost something that comes naturally to me I just have a massive sweet tooth!:tongue:

I have also thought about joining a gym however I have decided that this will be my reward for getting past the 12st mark just so that I know I am dedicated and less likely to not go to the gym! I also love swimming so I will need to find a deal that includes this.
as for weights I only have dumbbells at home that I can use for the time being, do you have any exercises to do with these?

Good luck to you too and thank you for your wonderful advice!:smile:

:hello:

ah okay thats perfect!! Just keep the high protein intake and maybe consider cutting out the sugar! i hated it haha i used to have like 2 spoons of sugar in my tea now i have just black tea :rofl:

i see!!! swimming is great for weightloss!! i cant swim but i know its really good for you haha! Try going swimming on a regular basis?

yes of course i do!
Alot of the floor exercises you can do with weights, ill make a list and PM them to you!! i use alot of them myself!

aw bless you!! thank you :hugs:
Day 3- Monday 30th October 2017

So today was a good day in every aspect even though I went back to school :s-smilie:
I had my usual 7 o'clock breakfast, this morning as it was the first day back I had a bagel with a little bit of butter, from now on I will try to have porridge or smoothies depending on my mood. I had a fairly small portion of tuna pasta for lunch which was delicious and surprisingly I wasn't that hungry! when I got home I walked my dog for just under an hour and did the two workout videos that I did yesterday, this was purely because I couldn't be bothered to find a different thing to do but I'll do a different workout tomorrow, I promise!! I then had a butterbean stew which fits perfectly with trying to eat lots of protein!

My total calories today according to MFP 1450kcals
Im not sure of my total calories burnt again as I don't know how to measure this without my Fitbit on and I forgot to put it on! I will get better organised!
Day 3- Monday 30th October 2017

So today was a good day in every aspect even though I went back to school :s-smilie:
I had my usual 7 o'clock breakfast, this morning as it was the first day back I had a bagel with a little bit of butter, from now on I will try to have porridge or smoothies depending on my mood. I had a fairly small portion of tuna pasta for lunch which was delicious and surprisingly I wasn't that hungry! when I got home I walked my dog for just under an hour and did the two workout videos that I did yesterday, this was purely because I couldn't be bothered to find a different thing to do but I'll do a different workout tomorrow, I promise!! I then had a butterbean stew which fits perfectly with trying to eat lots of protein!

My total calories today according to MFP 1450kcals
Im not sure of my total calories burnt again as I don't know how to measure this without my Fitbit on and I forgot to put it on! I will get better organised!

sounds like a good day!! well done!!

MFP has this thing where you can record your exercises etc, log it onto there :smile:
Good luck

This is really good, that you are taking your health more seriously. And I will love to read your posts and almost be a part of this journey😊
What your doing is awesome. :smile: I was in your shoes about a year ago. I was unhappy with my figure, feeling horrible about how my body, etc. I also would like to say that stretchmarks are completely natural and you shouldn't be ashamed of them, everyone gets them eventually.
I highly recommend the Body Coach, you may have heard of him, he runs a wonderful business full of positivity whereby you can buy his plans whether it be 30 days, 90 days, 6 months or his cooking books. He also has excellent workouts on his youtube channel for all abilities.
Diet and exercise come hand in hand, so if you're not doing so well on one of them it will show, whether it be staying in all day and binge watching TV shows or having a takeaway. I'm not saying you can't do these things but doing them repetitively can have negative effects on other factors, not just your body.
I would also recommend sport or fitness clubs, even if you feel like they're not for you just try them out :smile: I've just started doing these classes called Bounce fit where you do a workout on a trampoline for an hour or so, and at first I thought I wouldn't like it at all because I'm not elegant but I actually found it really fun. Team sport clubs are also amazing because you can make friends with others and and learn from them.
I wouldn't worry too much about calories or how you weigh if I were you, because when you work out you're replacing your body fat with muscle/ losing that body fat, so when you look on the scales it might look like you haven't lost much at all, but you look in the mirror and you look lean. What matters for me at least is when I look in the mirror and how I look. Keep in mind that some people who have the highest calorie intakes in the world are also the leanest and fittest people.
I wasn't planning on writing that much :tongue: But what you're doing is amazing! Keep it up! xx

Quick Reply

Latest