The Student Room Group

GCSE tuition help

Is it realistic for GCSE maths tuition to be £80 a month or £320 a month? I was told about some discount and I can't remember whether they said it was £80 a week or £80 a month can anyone help?
Original post by Maro122
Is it realistic for GCSE maths tuition to be £80 a month or £320 a month? I was told about some discount and I can't remember whether they said it was £80 a week or £80 a month can anyone help?

Depends how often you're having maths tuition, but £320 sounds like a hell of a lot! I'd say £80, if you're having one one-hour lesson per week that sounds about right especially discounted. If it's more than an hour per week, maybe it is the higher price. To be honest I would have thought it would have been somewhere in the middle of those prices, because you're either getting extremely cheap or extremely expensive tuition.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Maro122

How many hours? £320 is waaaaaay to much. £80 sounds right for 4-8 hrs depends
Reply 3
Original post by N/A IS THE NAME
How many hours? £320 is waaaaaay to much. £80 sounds right for 4-8 hrs depends

By 4-8 hrs do u mean weekly?
Reply 4
Original post by Maro122

So is 320 a MONTH too much?
Original post by Maro122

For £80 worth. It depend ondifferent factors: how many students per class, qualification of tutor, location of session etc
Reply 6
Original post by N/A IS THE NAME
For £80 worth. It depend ondifferent factors: how many students per class, qualification of tutor, location of session etc

Do you think it is possible to revise for mathematics GCSE all independently, like without any tutor and just using good websites like mathsgenie and obviously working really hard ???
Original post by Maro122
Do you think it is possible to revise for mathematics GCSE all independently, like without any tutor and just using good websites like mathsgenie and obviously working really hard ???

Yh definitely. Just do lots of exam practise.
Also check physicsandmathstutor out and mathswatch(not sure of they have new syllabus)
Original post by Maro122

Hi there Maro,

You might be interested to take a look at this page we have that details private tuition rates:

https://www.thetutorpages.com/private-tuition-fees

From this, you can see that on average, GCSE tutors are charging about £34/hour for individual tuition. This is an average, so outside London this figure may be quite a bit lower.

Good luck with your studies!

Emma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending