The Student Room Group

Ex-Full-time Twitch streamer AMA

Previously streamed Fulltime to an audience of around 100 regulars for the best part of a year. Still making revenue through subs but I earn nowhere near as much as I used to back in the day.

AMA.
Original post by Anonymous
Previously streamed Fulltime to an audience of around 100 regulars for the best part of a year. Still making revenue through subs but I earn nowhere near as much as I used to back in the day.

AMA.

Were you a boob streamer? :colonhash:
Reply 2
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Were you a boob streamer? :colonhash:

I wish haha.
Reply 3

AMA.

100 regulars? Couldn't have made you much.

How much did you make from it in your last full tax year?
Reply 4
Attachment not found
Reply 5
Original post by Reue
100 regulars? Couldn't have made you much.

How much did you make from it in your last full tax year?

Not telling you how much I have made through subscriptions and third party intervention but I am happy to show you my donations etc. I did not make but a lot but I made enough to live off.
Reply 6
Not telling you how much I have made through subscriptions and third party intervention but I am happy to show you my donations etc. I did not make but a lot but I made enough to live off.

Time to get a mod to edit the title from "AMA" then..

AMA.

What made you quit?
Reply 8
Original post by Reue
Time to get a mod to edit the title from "AMA" then..

Starting off I was earning literally nothing. I played a specific game for a long time since it launched and managed to plug myself around. I managed to pull in around £300 in GBP and a decent amount USD. My donations etc were chopped down a lot converting it back into GBP.

My best months netted me a pretty penny with regular $200 streams. My best month also aligned with the month I was affiliated so it is not a great representation.
Reply 9
Starting off I was earning literally nothing. I played a specific game for a long time since it launched and managed to plug myself around. I managed to pull in around £300 in GBP and a decent amount USD. My donations etc were chopped down a lot converting it back into GBP.

My best months netted me a pretty penny with regular $200 streams. My best month also aligned with the month I was affiliated so it is not a great representation.

so how much on average per month in GBP?
Original post by RoyalSheepy
What made you quit?

I regularly streamed 11+ hours a day and it took its toll on me. I was debating going back to school since I have a straight A record. The money is good but the devotion and need to continually play games took the fun out of it for me. I still stream to make a small income but I have ensured all of my donators etc know that it is no longer for me to live off.

I use to stream to buy super noodles.
Original post by Reue
so how much on average per month in GBP?

When I say I was streaming full-time, I was simply doing it to make some spending cash and to buy computer parts. It was no elaborate plan to make financial gains, it simply just happened in the space of a month.

In the summer of this year, I was making an average of around £600 in donations of all different types.
Reply 12
When I say I was streaming full-time, I was simply doing it to make some spending cash and to buy computer parts. It was no elaborate plan to make financial gains, it simply just happened in the space of a month.

In the summer of this year, I was making an average of around £600 in donations of all different types.

'Full-time' kinda suggests a 40 hour week.
Original post by Reue
'Full-time' kinda suggests a 40 hour week.

If you read an earlier post you would see that some days I would stream 11 hours flat. I was streaming 80-90 hours over 14 days give or take a few hours. I said I was doing it to make some extra money, I was putting in some nutty hours.
Reply 14
If you read an earlier post you would see that some days I would stream 11 hours flat. I was streaming 80-90 hours over 14 days give or take a few hours. I said I was doing it to make some extra money, I was putting in some nutty hours.

80-90 hours per month?
Original post by Reue
80-90 hours per month?

Nah, my steam hours were pegged at 80-90hrs over 14 days (usually 80) with my stream running whenever I was playing a game. The money was **** when you look at how many hours I was streaming. I guess I am doing this to dispell more myths and misconceptions about streaming and to provide any settings and advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending