The Student Room Group

University of Toronto

Soo, I would like to be admitted to UoT. However, the applications have not opened yet. So, I don't basically know what are the requirements for me as for an international student, who is going to use UoT's International application. I know that I must provide my English proficiency certificate and a certificate of completing secondary education. But then?
The course that I would like to choose does not have any prerequisites, so the problem is not in them. The thing that I'm basically asking is if there is a need in Motivation Letter/Personal Statement (if yes, in what format? Does UoT has its own rules on that? In order to start preparing beforehand with that), reference letters, certificates and etc?
I'm so confused, so begging for your help!😭😘
Thank you so much in advance❤️
Reply 1
Admissions have opened. Last month, in fact.
Will you apply through OUAC or directly to u of t?
What course are you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by meghantheman
Admissions have opened. Last month, in fact.
Will you apply through OUAC or directly to u of t?
What course are you applying for?

Yeah, my bad😅 just re-posted the question I asked a month ago, cause didn't get any answer in the previous one. Going to apply directly, still choosing, but sure that it is going to be related to business administration somehow:smile:
Original post by nanapa
Soo, I would like to be admitted to UoT. However, the applications have not opened yet. So, I don't basically know what are the requirements for me as for an international student, who is going to use UoT's International application. I know that I must provide my English proficiency certificate and a certificate of completing secondary education. But then?
The course that I would like to choose does not have any prerequisites, so the problem is not in them. The thing that I'm basically asking is if there is a need in Motivation Letter/Personal Statement (if yes, in what format? Does UoT has its own rules on that? In order to start preparing beforehand with that), reference letters, certificates and etc?
I'm so confused, so begging for your help!😭😘
Thank you so much in advance❤️

If you are applying to UoT Rotman, you'll need to complete a supplemental application in addition to items that are required to be submitted which includes 2 short essay questions and a recorded video interview. For more information, follow this link: https://rotmancommerce.utoronto.ca/future-students/how-to-apply/supplemental-application/

There is no Motivation Letter/Personal Statement that I know of and references are not necessary. English Proficiency Certificate, High School Transcript, Any predicted test results/ Standardized test scores you have need to be submitted.

I hope this helps, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by wolfmoon88
If you are applying to UoT Rotman, you'll need to complete a supplemental application in addition to items that are required to be submitted which includes 2 short essay questions and a recorded video interview. For more information, follow this link: https://rotmancommerce.utoronto.ca/future-students/how-to-apply/supplemental-application/

There is no Motivation Letter/Personal Statement that I know of and references are not necessary. English Proficiency Certificate, High School Transcript, Any predicted test results/ Standardized test scores you have need to be submitted.

I hope this helps, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!!! But I'm keen on thinking to apply to Mississauga, since after 1st year in Management I can choose to specialize in Human Resource Management(kinda attractive program for me). So, in general, is there no need for Mletters, references and etc(in the case of Mississauga for example?) Sorry for being retarded xD
But I'm still not sure. Is the Rotman better for BA, Management and such stuff from your perpective?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nanapa
Thank you so much!!! But I'm keen on thinking to apply to Mississauga, since after 1st year in Management I can choose to specialize in Human Resource Management

For Mississauga, there is no need to submit a supplemental application. Why not consider Scarborough as well? They have a good co-op programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
For Mississauga, there is no need to submit a supplemental application. Why not consider Scarborough as well? They have a good co-op programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, edited previous answer, cuz the other half disappeared somehow xD Co-op programs? What benefits they provide? Could you be so kind to explain please! That would be so helpful!
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Planning to be nominated for Lester B. Pearson scholarship, would it be possible for co-op programs?
Original post by nanapa
Sorry, edited previous answer, cuz the other half disappeared somehow xD Co-op programs? What benefits they provide? Could you be so kind to explain please! That would be so helpful!

Motivation Letters and References are unnecessary regardless of which course you are applying to as Rotman's supplemental application does not require those two particular items to be submitted as well.

Rotman Commerce has the famous programme as it is in the flagship business school of the university. Whether or not it is better depends on what you value in your course experience. Do you want the name of Rotman (St George Campus) / possible Alumni and Contacts on your Resume? or Do you value work experience more with the co-op programme at Scarborough? or Do you like your unique subject specification at Mississauga?

Straight from the UoT Scarborough website: "Co-op programs give you on-the-job learning within full-time, salaried work terms in industries, organizations and businesses relevant to your field of study. Co-op programs let you spend up to two to five semesters in professional workplaces at a wide range of reputable employers"

Benefits include early work experience, business links and of course you are paid for it. You may also be asked to stay at said company if you perform exceptional after graduation.

List of possible company and more information can be found on these sites:
http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/admissions/about-co-op

http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/mgmt/co-op

Hope this helps and no problem!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nanapa
Planning to be nominated for Lester B. Pearson scholarship, would it be possible for co-op programs?

That won't be an issue, at least I do not think so. I would send an email to admissions to makes sure though because this would be in regards to funding aspect/ conflict in studies if you are earning money from co-op in addition to the scholarship. It's worth asking though because I personally think that co-op is a great opportunity if you can get in to the programme in second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
That won't be an issue, at least I do not think so. I would send an email to admissions to makes sure though because this would be in regards to funding aspect/ conflict in studies if you are earning money from co-op in addition to the scholarship. It's worth asking though because I personally think that co-op is a great opportunity if you can get in to the programme in second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your assistance! It is MUCH appreciated!
Original post by nanapa
Thank you so much for your assistance! It is MUCH appreciated!

No problem, good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
No problem, good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending