The Student Room Group

Did anyone take P.E as a gcse?

I took P.E as a gcse and don’t really know what to expect. Is the exam difficult, or more laidback than other subjects? How much of the exam is theory and how much is physical? Which part is most difficult? Help! 😂
Look up past papers on the exam board website for more info on the exam.

Look up the spec to see the balance between theory and practical.
you have selected the worst most boring subject in history. good luck xx
i am doing gcse pe and ive just had my yr 11 mocks and tbh they were pretty easy. The content is quite basic and the only hard thing was structuring the longer marked questions.
Reply 4
I haven’t picked it but a lot of people who I know that have picked it really enjoy it 😊
Regrettably my school forced my entire year to take it. That said, this was in 2008, so the course spec may well have changed...at the time though, we had a theory exam (which was super easy but kinda boring to me, the people who were actually good at sports seemed to struggle though...) and assessed "practical" sessions - one in the school gym which was I think assessing our "personal exercise plan" we had made, and the other was assessing performance in a specific sport of our "choice" (which was supposed to be badminton for me but ended up being rounders for some reason).

For the former practical, the examiner asked us questions while we were going through our programmes - for example about equipment safety and what muscles were being exercised and so on I believe, and for the latter I believe they just observed us playing and marked us on technique or something?
oh and also the hardest thing is definitely lever systems and planes of axis
Original post by Hey_hi_hello_
I took P.E as a gcse and don’t really know what to expect. Is the exam difficult, or more laidback than other subjects? How much of the exam is theory and how much is physical? Which part is most difficult? Help! 😂

what exam board are you doing?
Original post by ineeedhellp
i am doing gcse pe and ive just had my yr 11 mocks and tbh they were pretty easy. The content is quite basic and the only hard thing was structuring the longer marked questions.

ineeedhellp - what was in the gcse pe mock exam, im so worried for it and i have to get a grade 8 :frown:
Hi, these are the two paper we had but you will probably have different ones as these are open to students now. These are also AQA so definitely won't be relevant if you aren't doing that course.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/pe/AQA-85821-SQP.PDF

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/pe/AQA-85822-SMS.PDF

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest