The Student Room Group

Revising for maths all by myself

Is it possible to revise maths independently using mathsgenie and some textbooks but obviously working really really hard? Without any sort of teacher/tutor?
If your willing to work hard and have self control then definitely, i managed to get an A in english from just using good revision guides as well as youtube, there are a lot of good channels that will help. If you find good resources and do lots of past papers you can do well!
Reply 2
Original post by thirteenreasons
If your willing to work hard and have self control then definitely, i managed to get an A in english from just using good revision guides as well as youtube, there are a lot of good channels that will help. If you find good resources and do lots of past papers you can do well!

Thanks for giving me hope. Does anyone know any good homework clubs like tuition centre that teach GCSE mathematics in small groups and for a good price???? If anyone does can they just drop the website/name of the centre please any help would be appreciated
Reply 3
Original post by Maro122
Is it possible to revise maths independently using mathsgenie and some textbooks but obviously working really really hard? Without any sort of teacher/tutor?

Yeah absolutely, my friend and I self taught a further maths AS during Y13 to with no support from teachers, and we came out with solid As. It's 100% doable to self teach if you do work hard at it.

How come you need to though? Are you not able to attend lessons or something?

Quick Reply

Latest