The Student Room Group

Can I still become a pharmacist with a Medicinal Chemistry degree?

the medicinal chemistry degree is 5 years long and I was wondering if there's still an option at the end still to become a pharmacist?
Original post by rachyyyy
the medicinal chemistry degree is 5 years long and I was wondering if there's still an option at the end still to become a pharmacist?

you have to do a masters in pharmacy and a pre reg year to become a pharmacist.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
you have to do a masters in pharmacy and a pre reg year to become a pharmacist.

Are there any opportunities for jobs with medicinal chemistry where I can have human/patient interaction like a pharmacist?
Are there any opportunities for jobs with medicinal chemistry where I can have human/patient interaction like a pharmacist?

I think you would need to do further qualifications to become some sort of health professional instead
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I think you would need to do further qualifications to become some sort of health professional instead

so if I did complete medicinal chemistry, at the end to have a human interacting job, id need to complete a completely different degree? so I'm better off by just doing the pharmacy degree then?
so if I did complete medicinal chemistry, at the end to have a human interacting job, id need to complete a completely different degree? so I'm better off by just doing the pharmacy degree then?

If you want to be a pharmacist yes, i think medicinal chemistry is more a degree for lab work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending