The Student Room Group

Im working alone in my "group" project

I am supposed to be in a group for my group project in media but my group have been soo selfish with me, they haven't discussed recent updates with me at all, I found out when my best friend told me (she's not in the group project). My teacher said I can work alone, I have organised all my ideas and times but im just so scared, what if it doesn't go right and i get a bad grade!? How embarrassing?!!?!?! Am I doing the right thing? My gut instinct is telling me I am, but my mind is overthinking the whole situation!
:frown: I am so scared.
As long as you fulfill the criteria for the project and do it to the best of your ability, you will be fine. Your teacher wouldn't say you can do it alone if you couldn't.
Your situation is not unusual where group work/projects are concerned. I hate group work because there is always one or more lazy sods who don't put any effort in.
Don't get too stressed about it. Just do the best you can with it and have some confidence in yourself. X
Reply 3
they do put effort in but they dont put the effort to involve me in the group, and sometimes, when i complain they usually point the finger at me

Original post by Seamus123
Your situation is not unusual where group work/projects are concerned. I hate group work because there is always one or more lazy sods who don't put any effort in.
Don't get too stressed about it. Just do the best you can with it and have some confidence in yourself. X
Reply 4
thank u xx
Original post by Seamus123
Original post by aj89754
they do put effort in but they dont put the effort to involve me in the group, and sometimes, when i complain they usually point the finger at me

If they aren't putting the effort as in a group project and only doing it for themselves, and not including you, then just ignore them and move on with it.
My grandson is doing Media and Animation at college and there are issues like that in his class - thankfully not with him.
Original post by aj89754
I am supposed to be in a group for my group project in media but my group have been soo selfish with me, they haven't discussed recent updates with me at all, I found out when my best friend told me (she's not in the group project). My teacher said I can work alone, I have organised all my ideas and times but im just so scared, what if it doesn't go right and i get a bad grade!? How embarrassing?!!?!?! Am I doing the right thing? My gut instinct is telling me I am, but my mind is overthinking the whole situation!
:frown: I am so scared.

This is why I used to hate group work/group projects, during GCSE and before as well. I sympathize. I would personally just do it on your own, as that way you can do whatever the heck you want and you won't have to deal with the tedious conflict in group work. If you're really determine to do well, it won't matter that you're on your own. It will probably a lot more efficient to do it on your own anyway. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't think twice about doing it individually. And plus, who really cares if you look like a loner? When you learn to stop caring what other people think of you, you'll find it much easier to work alone on things like this, and therefore get a much better grade. From my experience anyway.

I'm glad that my A Level subjects don't really require group projects.
I’m a 3d animation student, last year for our annual celebrations our institution conducted various competitions but mainly we where given a group project consist of 7 people each(8 groups) we where given 30 days time and the concept to make a 3d animated reel. TBH I hate the worst team compared to other teams, 2 have no idea on what to do, 1 guys left to his home town and 3 people wasn’t even interested in doing the project and I was left alone Bt somewhere I was happy because that is what I wanted to work alone!! Later I informed my staff that I will do it alone and started my project, the idea, concept, storyboard, checking references, 3d modelling, lighting, texturing and also animation was all mine. But I needed a vfx artist to complete my project last two days left and everyone was busy in there own projects and I couldn’t find any help, I just had a little knowledge about vfx (after effects) software and I dint know what to do then I decided to do vfx myself with little knowledge and also asking my friends about the tools and learning there itself!!Yes I did the project alone which other teams did with 7 people, I was so into that project and was obsessed with the idea of winning alone that everyone tought I was a freak!! All I knew was I was better so I did alone and won first prize for that and my institute recognised my efforts and gave me best student of the year!!

Quick Reply

Latest