The Student Room Group

New Austrian government calls for ban on Muslim immigration

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liniop
Austria's newly elected Far-Right government, the APP party, has called for a total ban on Muslim immigration to Austria, as well as from high terror risk countries such as Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Good or bad news?

I think it's good news. This is entirely subjective and about my opinion (I'm probably a bit racist). Skin colour is not a problem, but I find Islam to be a dangerous ideology which is probably more capable of killing than Nazism is. Islam - kill all nonbelievers. Nazism - kill all Jews, gypsies, disabled people, etc. And while I do not hate any individual Muslim, I just find that with the increase of Muslim immigration, the main religion in countries may eventually (very unlikely RIGHT NOW) become Islam, and once Sharia Law is put into place it won't be the same...

So Austria is taking a brave step forward.
Reply 41
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Immigration is just a temporary solution to a problem if you want to sort things out stop ****ing up the middle east and north africa, It just keeps getting worse never better and its all for the US to assert power and the American Petrodollar

You don't even understand why we have forces in these countries. They are where Islamic terror groups form. The whole reason ISIS exists is because we left Iraq which and allowed them to form. These countries are already at war with themselves which is why our forces get sent in to help.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hungary, Poland and now Austria. Hmm.
Reply 43
Original post by RowanneK
The main problem with these Muslim bans is that they put over 1 billion people under the same category and treat them like threats and terrorists when over 95% of them are likely to be normal people who you would want to be friends with (that number is a ballpark but you get the point). As an Arab girl I come from a non-religious family but we still fall under the category of Muslim in Western eyes.. I personally am atheist, and as a person i can assure you I have nothing to do with the typical Muslim/Arab stereotype and neither do most of the people i know. I have traveled a lot and I am always mistaken to be spanish or latina and people would be shocked to know I am Arab because I don't look like the image portrayed of Arabs or Muslims in the Western media. I study computer science, speak 4 languages, and I have hopes and dreams that can easily be shattered by bans like these. I really wish that people would try to see the bigger picture with such bans...

Stop saying it's just about terrorism.

People don't want Islamic culture here. There was a poll.
The main problem with these Muslim bans is that they put over 1 billion people under the same category and treat them like threats and terrorists when over 95% of them are likely to be normal people who you would want to be friends with (that number is a ballpark but you get the point). As an Arab girl I come from a non-religious family but we still fall under the category of Muslim in Western eyes.. I personally am atheist, and as a person i can assure you I have nothing to do with the typical Muslim/Arab stereotype and neither do most of the people i know. I have traveled a lot and I am always mistaken to be spanish or latina and people would be shocked to know I am Arab because I don't look like the image portrayed of Arabs or Muslims in the Western media. I study computer science, speak 4 languages, and I have hopes and dreams that can easily be shattered by bans like these. I really wish that people would try to see the bigger picture with such bans...

Uh, 5% of 1.5 billion (not 1 billion) is still 75,000,000 and actually it is estimated that extremist muslims are between 5-15% so fewest is 75,000,000 and the highest is 225,000,000 extremists. The peaceful majority are often irrelevant. The violent minority determine policy. Most Germans were peaceful but the minority dominated policy which resulted in 6 million dead Jews and 60 million dead altogether. Most Chinese were peaceful but a minority of violent communists made the policy and as a result 45 million Chinese perished. The peaceful minority were irrelevant. It is great that you break the stereotype but you do not equal the threat of 75,000,000-225,000,000 extremists. Self-preservation is not a crime.
Might as well band people from america also
Bad:frown:
Original post by matwillis
Uh, 5% of 1.5 billion (not 1 billion) is still 75,000,000 and actually it is estimated that extremist muslims are between 5-15% so fewest is 75,000,000 and the highest is 225,000,000 extremists. The peaceful majority are often irrelevant. The violent minority determine policy. Most Germans were peaceful but the minority dominated policy which resulted in 6 million dead Jews and 60 million dead altogether. Most Chinese were peaceful but a minority of violent communists made the policy and as a result 45 million Chinese perished. The peaceful minority were irrelevant. It is great that you break the stereotype but you do not equal the threat of 75,000,000-225,000,000 extremists. Self-preservation is not a crime.

Your point is completely valid... However, isn't the excruciatingly long and difficult visa process for people to be allowed to travel from Muslim countries to the US or EU countries meant to filter these extremists from the peaceful majority? I'm not saying that self-preservation is a crime but I don't think that such extreme measures are the answer, because afterall most terrorist acts are carried out by extremists who were born and raised in the West not people who have traveled into the West. Anyway, I'm not here to argue I just wanted to give this some perspective.
Original post by Liniop
Austria's newly elected Far-Right government, the APP party, has called for a total ban on Muslim immigration to Austria, as well as from high terror risk countries such as Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Good or bad news?

Bad news. that's racist
Your point is completely valid... However, isn't the excruciatingly long and difficult visa process for people to be allowed to travel from Muslim countries to the US or EU countries meant to filter these extremists from the peaceful majority? I'm not saying that self-preservation is a crime but I don't think that such extreme measures are the answer, because afterall most terrorist acts are carried out by extremists who were born and raised in the West not people who have traveled into the West. Anyway, I'm not here to argue I just wanted to give this some perspective.

Yes it is meant to filter however the recent refugee crisis has made that more difficult with migrants mixing with the refugees, did you see the 14 year old refugees coming in from Calais, the ones that looked like they were in their late 20's. Some filtering there.

You brought out the argument that most terror attacks in the west come from home grown terrorists. That is a separate issue to immigration. The reason as to why there have been so few immigrant bombers is BECAUSE of our strong borders. The terror attacks in Germany and one of the Paris attackers were partly carried out by 1st wave immigrants and those that claimed they were refugees. That is why we have to have extreme measures. The fact that our bombers are british is not good but i'd still keep those tough measures to prevent more being added to the problem.
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Immigration is just a temporary solution to a problem if you want to sort things out stop ****ing up the middle east and north africa, It just keeps getting worse never better and its all for the US to assert power and the American Petrodollar

That’s the Zionist Al Queda inspired Arab Spring to blame for destroying these countries. Used to holiday in Tunisia when I was a child now that’s a no-go area no thanks to the stupid 2011 Arab spring allowing Daesh to take over and murder holiday makers.
It's good. It's one step towards Western normality. Definitely remove kebabs (they've demonstrated they can't integrate properly - bare in mind these idiots had unconditional support and one job to do) - so yes, remove them.
Original post by Liniop

Good or bad news?

Their choice as a country as far as I’m concerned
Original post by Ambitious1999
That’s the Zionist Al Queda inspired Arab Spring to blame for destroying these countries. Used to holiday in Tunisia when I was a child now that’s a no-go area no thanks to the stupid 2011 Arab spring allowing Daesh to take over and murder holiday makers.

What's stupid about wanting a free society?

Tunisia have managed to establish a functioning democracy after throwing out the autocratic regime. Despite the attacks they've suffered they're the only success story of the Arab Spring.
Original post by Maker
Germany will just annexe Austria again if it gets too uppity.

this coming from the guy who called me naive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending