The Student Room Group

GCSE / Level 2 Certificates - Summer 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Compost
The certificates aren't scheduled to be in schools until 9 November (though all of ours turned up before half term except AQA). The school then has to check and sort out the different sets of certificates from different exam boards into an envelope per student. It takes a while so most schools don't start issuing certificates until December.

If you took exams before Year 11 then some schools hand the certificates out when they've been checked but others keep them all so they are handed out with your main GCSE certificates. If you haven't received yours then you have a right to ask for them sooner but accept they may not have time to sort and check everything before the start of December.

Thank you. I'm only getting one certificate so hopefully it won't be too much sorting out. It probably takes the school forever to sort out. My school said they would give me the certificate this year because they said I need to show my sixth form. I will have a word with the exams officer / head of department next week so there is no more confusion :smile:
Original post by Loci Pi
Thank you. I'm only getting one certificate so hopefully it won't be too much sorting out.

It doesn't quite work like that - it's much easier to have a system for sorting the lot rather than having individuals turning up asking for theirs before you're ready. If you don't need it before they've sorted them all then don't ask.
Reply 22
Original post by Compost
It doesn't quite work like that - it's much easier to have a system for sorting the lot rather than having individuals turning up asking for theirs before you're ready. If you don't need it before they've sorted them all then don't ask.

Ok.
Original post by Loci Pi
Are you in year 11 but took your French GCSE early in year 10? If so we are in a similar situation. I think you get separate certificates because the certificate says the year you took the exam on it.

Yep in Year 11, ok do you think the school will just give them or do we have to do anything?

Just of curiosity what subject did you take and grade did you receive?

I did GCSE French and received an A* :smile:
Original post by Loci Pi
Has anyone received their GCSE / level 2 certificates from the 2017 exams, AQA in particular?
Different people at my school keep telling me that my certificate will arrive at different times. On results day I was told by my teacher start of October, however a few days before half term my form tutor said I won't get it until next May! I'm a bit confused so I'm wondering how it works in other people's schools.

Ours will arrive in November so I have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by New_to_tsr
Yep in Year 11, ok do you think the school will just give them or do we have to do anything?

Just of curiosity what subject did you take and grade did you receive?

I did GCSE French and received an A* :smile:

Congratulations on your grade :smile: I do French GCSE at the moment and I'm so bad at it, an A* seems really hard to get!
I did GCSE Further Maths and got an A^.
I think your school will just give you the certificate, although some schools might give them to you next year. If you need the certificate soon (to show sixth form or something) you could speak to your teacher or show them the bit of paper from results day if you kept it.
Reply 26
Original post by RED
Ours will arrive in November so I have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original post by Loci Pi
Congratulations on your grade :smile: I do French GCSE at the moment and I'm so bad at it, an A* seems really hard to get!
I did GCSE Further Maths and got an A^.
I think your school will just give you the certificate, although some schools might give them to you next year. If you need the certificate soon (to show sixth form or something) you could speak to your teacher or show them the bit of paper from results day if you kept it.

Thank you, and well done on your further maths (I'm struggling with normal Maths ;( ) what I would say for French writing is learn as many complex language structures as possible and load them into your work.

I think the Sixth Form I'm applying to will be fine with the sheet I got on results day I just wish to have the certificate as it looks pretty sick!
Reply 28
Original post by New_to_tsr
Thank you, and well done on your further maths (I'm struggling with normal Maths ;( ) what I would say for French writing is learn as many complex language structures as possible and load them into your work.

I think the Sixth Form I'm applying to will be fine with the sheet I got on results day I just wish to have the certificate as it looks pretty sick!

Thanks for the tips for French. My best tip for maths would be to do lots of past papers to recall formulas quickly. I'm looking forward to getting the certificate as I'm planning on framing it :smile:
Original post by Loci Pi
Thanks for the tips for French. My best tip for maths would be to do lots of past papers to recall formulas quickly. I'm looking forward to getting the certificate as I'm planning on framing it :smile:

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest