The Student Room Group

Getting with girls in clubs

I haven't really been clubbing much but I am starting to go out more. I am in uni and have been told that I am quite attractive but I haven't really been with many people and I have no idea of how to approach girls.. I have only got with someone in a club once and that was just because I knew the person and we were dancing together for quite a while and it just sort of happened. I was just wondering what the best way is to get with someone in a club. I am awful at dancing aswell. I have friends that do it most nights but I have no idea how they do it. I am out tonight and wouldn't mind getting with someone. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks
Original post by michael1010
I haven't really been clubbing much but I am starting to go out more. I am in uni and have been told that I am quite attractive but I haven't really been with many people and I have no idea of how to approach girls.. I have only got with someone in a club once and that was just because I knew the person and we were dancing together for quite a while and it just sort of happened. I was just wondering what the best way is to get with someone in a club. I am awful at dancing aswell. I have friends that do it most nights but I have no idea how they do it. I am out tonight and wouldn't mind getting with someone. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

idk what clubbing is but i want to go for it
Original post by annmerlinjohn27
idk what clubbing is but i want to go for it

i think it means going to clubs regularly and drinking/getting with people
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i think it means going to clubs regularly and drinking/getting with people

I think i need to do that with my friends
Reply 4
I thought clubs were where people go to stare at their phones.
Original post by Pigster
I thought clubs were where people go to stare at their phones.

:h::h::h::h::h:
Reply 6
Oh my god, really?
I mean everyone has their own preferences I guess?
From my past experience, I'd say just be attractive lol.
Clubs are very loud so I doubt anything from what you say is going to be heard. Maybe the usual - "Hi, whats your name?" or something like "You're really attractive. Can I buy you a drink?".
If you smoke ask them if they do and if they wanna go outside to smoke with you so you can make conversation. If they say yes then go and ask them where they are from, what is their name, which university they go to - you know all that small talk stuff. If they say they don't smoke offer a drink or ask them if they would dance with you.
DO NOT creepily approach them from the back and start rubbing/dancing on them. Happened to me a few times and honestly, I've slapped a few people. The ONLY time it is acceptable is if the girl is aware you'll attempt to sexually assault her and is okay with that lol.
Anyway, always offer a drink - it makes the girls feel like they "owe" you at least a dance unless you're in London. London girls don't really care and will snatch that drink and tell you "I'll go to the toilet I'll be right back" and you'll never see them again.
Be sure to aim for less attractive girls, but not those who are sober and sitting around. They will cut you off because they are already annoyed at people who are drunk and at their friends who dragged them there.
Aim for groups of girls who are 3 to 6. Don't go for two unless you're with a mate who can get with the other girl. Don't go above 6, because that means they are on a "girls night" and will likely not separate from their friends. Also (advice from my bf who is next to me) look for the girls who are looking around or often separate from the tribe. They are the easiest targets because you know they want it. He also says if you get rejected don't let it get to you. Move on onto the other girl you've been eyeing. Its a numbers game. There will often be girls who come to you directly as well.
After you have located the target just do what I told you before. While you are dancing see if she is trying to "dominate". If she is dancing (drunkenly) on you and is feeling you up then kiss her. If she is being shy then pay her a few compliments, dance a lil bit then ask her if she wants fresh air (a substitute for the cigarette trick). Shy girls tend to loosen up and let you snog them if you've made conversation before that.
After you've secured that obviously try and take it further or leave.
Now let me talk to you about the Bad sides of being a fk boi in da club:
A LOT of people have puked before entering the club - watch out for stinky breath. Securing a kiss is nice but getting a lil vomit in your mouth is not nice, so careful. If you smell something and it is not vodka, tequila or mints run away. Simply say "I'll go get us a drink and disappear like Houdini"
Be careful of the girls who look like they will vomit. You will obviously want to buy a drink for yourself and for the girl. If the girl looks like she is 1 drink away from collapsing and dying then just don't do it. You never want someone to puke on top of you. Not only will she not snog you after but no one else will. Chances are Uber wont even let you into a car so you'll have to walk. Not nice.
Finally, the sober girls. They are there maybe because they wanna have fun with friends or because they got dragged along but they re certainly not there to hook up. If you find a girl that is relatively sober and she talks to you, chances are she is befriending you. She is nice to say ok if I'll talk to you but the moment you want to kiss her she'll be like noooooop. Even worse - she will accept your drinks but it will take probably half of your tuition's money to get her relatively drunk and it is just not worth it.
Hope this guide helped you become one step closser to a fk boi. Don't forget to say "All hail Val" after you've snogged the next hottie.

- Best wishes Val (and Dave)
Original post by Vallito
Oh my god, really?
Clubs are very loud so I doubt anything from what you say is going to be heard. Maybe the usual - "Hi, whats your name?" or something like "You're really attractive. Can I buy you a drink?".
If you smoke ask them if they do and if they wanna go outside to smoke with you so you can make conversation. If they say yes then go and ask them where they are from, what is their name, which university they go to - you know all that small talk stuff. If they say they don't smoke offer a drink or ask them if they would dance with you.
DO NOT creepily approach them from the back and start rubbing/dancing on them. Happened to me a few times and honestly, I've slapped a few people. The ONLY time it is acceptable is if the girl is aware you'll attempt to sexually assault her and is okay with that lol.
Anyway, always offer a drink - it makes the girls feel like they "owe" you at least a dance unless you're in London. London girls don't really care and will snatch that drink and tell you "I'll go to the toilet I'll be right back" and you'll never see them again.
Be sure to aim for less attractive girls, but not those who are sober and sitting around. They will cut you off because they are already annoyed at people who are drunk and at their friends who dragged them there.
Aim for groups of girls who are 3 to 6. Don't go for two unless you're with a mate who can get with the other girl. Don't go above 6, because that means they are on a "girls night" and will likely not separate from their friends. Also (advice from my bf who is next to me) look for the girls who are looking around or often separate from the tribe. They are the easiest targets because you know they want it. He also says if you get rejected don't let it get to you. Move on onto the other girl you've been eyeing. Its a numbers game. There will often be girls who come to you directly as well.
After you have located the target just do what I told you before. While you are dancing see if she is trying to "dominate". If she is dancing (drunkenly) on you and is feeling you up then kiss her. If she is being shy then pay her a few compliments, dance a lil bit then ask her if she wants fresh air (a substitute for the cigarette trick). Shy girls tend to loosen up and let you snog them if you've made conversation before that.
A LOT of people have puked before entering the club - watch out for stinky breath. Securing a kiss is nice but getting a lil vomit in your mouth is not nice, so careful. If you smell something and it is not vodka, tequila or mints run away. Simply say "I'll go get us a drink and disappear like Houdini"
Be careful of the girls who look like they will vomit. You will obviously want to buy a drink for yourself and for the girl. If the girl looks like she is 1 drink away from collapsing and dying then just don't do it. You never want someone to puke on top of you. Not only will she not snog you after but no one else will. Chances are Uber wont even let you into a car so you'll have to walk. Not nice.
Finally, the sober girls. They are there maybe because they wanna have fun with friends or because they got dragged along but they re certainly not there to hook up. If you find a girl that is relatively sober and she talks to you, chances are she is befriending you. She is nice to say ok if I'll talk to you but the moment you want to kiss her she'll be like noooooop. Even worse - she will accept your drinks but it will take probably half of your tuition's money to get her relatively drunk and it is just not worth it.
Hope this guide helped you become one step closser to a fk boi. Don't forget to say "All hail Val" after you've snogged the next hottie.

You sure have a hell of a lot to say...!!
Reply 8
Original post by Vallito
Oh my god, really?

Wow that's a lot of advice thanks, that's really helpful
Just go up and talk to the girl you're trying to get with. Something like "Excuse me, sorry but my mates have been talking about football for the last 10 minutes, so I got bored and wandered off - do you mind if I chat to you girls for a bit?". Then just chat and start to playfully flirt with the girl you're trying to pull as you get to know each other a bit. You don't have to try and act all "sexy" and come on heavy, your look should make you sexually attractive - your job is to make them think you're just a normal guy, a good laugh and a safe pair of hands. If they find you sexually attractive and they think you're a likeable person then there's not much of a reason for them to not go home with you.
Reply 10
Original post by Vallito
Oh my god, really?

good knowledge and understanding I see here.

One of rare posts I see on TSR of a female giving good dating advice to a male...
Original post by ebickers
You sure have a hell of a lot to say...!!

I have some stories to tell...
I sometimes like to imagine me sitting with all my grandkids in front of a nice fireplace, telling them how it was back in my day and mention the story of how a guy threw up in my drink, I left it on the bar (obviously) and some random girl chugged it down, thinking it was hers. Needless to say, she did not get out of the bathroom for 15 minutes.
Fun times (for me at least).
Original post by Vallito
I have some stories to tell...
I sometimes like to imagine me sitting with all my grandkids in front of a nice fireplace, telling them how it was back in my day and mention the story of how a guy threw up in my drink, I left it on the bar (obviously) and some random girl chugged it down, thinking it was hers. Needless to say, she did not get out of the bathroom for 15 minutes.
Fun times (for me at least).

Your grandkids are going to LOOVE you!! :biggrin:
Original post by Vallito
Oh my god, really?

Omg these are so accurate yup, my friends dragged me along once, and yep, after 7+ drinks (i lost count) I was still sober and rejected every guy. LOL. was fun though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending