The Student Room Group

Who do you want to sit on the Iron Throne?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by angelike1
He's a more logical choice than Tyrion - Gendry has King's blood.

Having King’s blood doesn’t make you fully entitled to the throne. It’s how you present yourself to the people and how the people accept you as a person. Viserys had King’s blood but he was as mad as a hatter (though being born out of an incestuous relationship could have played a part in that). Again, all entitled to our opinions :smile: I think there’s still a lot more backstory to Gendry and it would be interesting if we knew more about him
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by KeiraNewby
what the f*ck is wrong with you??

lmao

read post 25 :rofl:
Reply 42
Original post by KeiraNewby
what the f*ck is wrong with you??

They were only joking lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by angelike1
I was trolling lol. Never read the script

I screamed
Original post by dxna.s
Having King’s blood doesn’t make you more or less entitled to the throne. Viserys had King’s blood but he was as mad as a hatter (though being born out of an incestuous relationship could have played a part in that). Again, all entitled to our opinions :smile: I think there’s still a lot more backstory to Gendry and it would be interesting if we knew more about him

Pretty sure it does - at least a bit.
Reply 45
They both gonna die, but they are going to have a kid before this and he will sit on the throne when hes old enough
Reply 46
Original post by Shaanv
They both gonna die, but they are going to have a kid before this and he will sit on the throne when hes old enough

Until the kid’s old enough, who do you think would sit on the throne?
Bronn
Reply 48
Any ideas what’s going to happen with Jamie Lannister? Last we saw of him was Cersei’s attempt at murdering him, then he ran off with his horse. I have a feeling he’ll be wanting to meet with Daenerys and prove his loyalty to her
Reply 49
Original post by Dhanny
Bronn

Did you know that in real life, Bronn and Cersei were dating years back, but their relationship ended so bitterly that on both of their contracts, there’s a statement saying that neither of them can be in the same room as each other and have to be kept apart at all times. That’s why if you notice, Bronn and Cersei have never been in a scene together
Original post by daario333
It's not as random as it appears tbh. He's got "king's blood" and out of nowhere he's back and then went with Jon to retrieve a wight, definitely think he's got more to his story.

I can imagine a scenario where Jon and Danaerys dies and then Tyrion puts him as king or something

Gendry is just fan service in the same way that Bron is. In the books they have much smaller and less important parts but because they are good actors and popular they tend to have other peoples stories given to them so that the show does not have to create new characters.

The show will end the same way as the books which means that our pool of potential royalty is limited.
Reply 51
Original post by Rakas21
Gendry is just fan service in the same way that Bron is. In the books they have much smaller and less important parts but because they are good actors and popular they tend to have other peoples stories given to them so that the show does not have to create new characters.

The show will end the same way as the books which means that our pool of potential royalty is limited.

How do the books end? Actually don’t tell me that... :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by dxna.s
Until the kid’s old enough, who do you think would sit on the throne?

I would love to see gendry, but i dont think its gonna happen.

Maybe dannys advisors, tyrion and the fat bloke, will make decisions till the kid is old enough
Original post by Rakas21

Hmm yeah you're right, he was very popular and most ppl wanted him back.

But i think GoT tradition just dictates that things dont end the way you want it
I feel like Dany and Cersei will die, and Sansa/Jon will take the throne. Jon might not want it and give it to Sansa because she is ready to be queen of the 7 kingdoms. She's been through everything and I doubt anything could phase her at this point.
Original post by dxna.s
Did you know that in real life, Bronn and Cersei were dating years back, but their relationship ended so bitterly that on both of their contracts, there’s a statement saying that neither of them can be in the same room as each other and have to be kept apart at all times. That’s why if you notice, Bronn and Cersei have never been in a scene together

Wow lol. Working together must be awkward and I dont know if im mistaken but werent they together in that massive meeting in season 7 in that colloseum thing?
Original post by dxna.s
How do the books end? Actually don’t tell me that... :smile:

The show overtook the book at the end of season 5 (the final book is not written yet) but GRMM has told them how it ends (bittersweet apparently). Right now the show makes half the stuff up itself but keeps key events (Littlefinger being killed, DragonWhite, Field of Fire) the same.
The true king of the Stormlands, Patchface
Original post by Dhanny
Wow lol. Working together must be awkward and I dont know if im mistaken but werent they together in that massive meeting in season 7 in that colloseum thing?

Actually Bronn leaves with Pod, saying they "should leave all the big people to talk" or something like that. Apparently that line wasn't scripted lmao.
Original post by dxna.s
Game of Thrones

The character who keeps their clothes on, if there is one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending