The Student Room Group

Urgent:henna reaction!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k0zaf
my doctor scared me to death saying its permanent and i am going to have to live with it for the rest of my life but i know it aint true however the thing is i dont know what cream to buy any recommendations:

Ask the pharmacist what will be best.
If it is only the dye that remains and it is no longer inflamed then they may not work.

The chemicals you have used on your arm are equivalent to using permanent hair dye, which is permanent. However, when this happened to me the dye did eventually fade away but this took a long time from what I remember. You could try exfoliating it once a day to see if it speeds it up a bit, I think soap and glory (boots) do a daily hand scrub which you can use when washing your hands.

Please read the below weblink and NEVER get one of these tattoos or dye your hair again:

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/skin/Pages/black-henna-tattoo-ppd.aspx
Original post by k0zaf
It was my aunts wedding yesterday so i put black henna on my arm but after a few hours it started to itch really bad and blisters started to appear i was really confused why but then i realized the same started happening to my cousin and she told my it was an allergic reaction i went to the doctors and they didnt even prescribe me with anything and started scaring me to death saying its permanent and ill be scarred for life at this moment i was pancaking and started to cry at one point but anyways i was just wondering if there is any cream that would make the henna dissappear.
Many thanks x

I'm so sorry this is happening. It must be really painful and scary for you. Any scarring could be permanent, unfortunately, but it's really important that you treat it in the best way. Keep the area clean and don't introduce irritants like fragranced washes to it. Be careful not to let your clothes rub on it either, and leave the wound alone. If you are still worried, or it gets any worse, talk to another doctor. It's really important to keep it clean for now though to decrease the risk of infection. Be aware that this reaction could lead you to be more likely to have similar reactions in the future to products such as hair dye, so consult instructions of such products before using them and be very aware. If you use these products in the future, it's really important that you do allergy and sensitivity tests in advance as advised. Try not to worry too much about the scarring. It may last, but may be more temporary. Just keep a close eye on things and continue to monitor it
Reply 23
Original post by del1rious
If it is only the dye that remains and it is no longer inflamed then they may not work.

The chemicals you have used on your arm are equivalent to using permanent hair dye, which is permanent. However, when this happened to me the dye did eventually fade away but this took a long time from what I remember. You could try exfoliating it once a day to see if it speeds it up a bit, I think soap and glory (boots) do a daily hand scrub which you can use when washing your hands.

Please read the below weblink and NEVER get one of these tattoos or dye your hair again:

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/skin/Pages/black-henna-tattoo-ppd.aspx

yeh but mine has faded away a bit how long would it roughly take for it to completely fade away?
Original post by k0zaf
yeh but mine has faded away a bit how long would it roughly take for it to completely fade away?

I don’t know
Reply 25
Original post by del1rious
I don’t know

how long did yours take?
Original post by k0zaf
how long did yours take?

I don’t remember now, it was a good few weeks

Quick Reply

Latest