The Student Room Group

Apple Employee's daughter shown using iPhone X in café macs - the Apple staff café

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gareths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBeD8E2xxck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzGKwjr_js

what do you guys think as i am feeling mixed - as various others have done vids at the apple event and they get away with it BUT her dad got fired for something he didn't do but her daughter did

..........why is this news ?? what's happened ? who died ?
Reply 41
Original post by gareths
thanks and hopefully she'll be nerdy like me

Haha! :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Black Water
Haha! :smile:

least we would be able to talk a lot about technology together
Original post by gareths
for example Microsoft don't have policies like that as i have seen vids of around campus

Those sure are some strong rose tinted glasses you're wearing.

There is a reason stories like this are newsworthy and products aren't being shown off prior to release by their employees in a cutesy way every time a product is near to launch- tech companies like have their employees up to their eyeballs in NDAs and other confidentiality agreements. These are very necessary legal precautions that carry the threat of dismissal at very least in order to defend their intellectual property. This is not Apple being unusually harsh or secretive, this is just an illustration of how harsh and secretive the tech industry is as a whole.
Reply 44
alright but going back to my Microsoft points - A Windows 10 build leaked Christmas last year and so many others have as well - not including 16212 from June as that was an accident - YET NO ONE GOT FIRED FROM IT OR IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE NEWS - ALTHOUGH I DID KNOW SOMEONE A FEW YEARS AGO GOT ARRESTED FOR LEAKING WINDOWS ACTIVATION SDK
Original post by gareths
alright but going back to my Microsoft points - A Windows 10 build leaked Christmas last year and so many others have as well - not including 16212 from June as that was an accident - YET NO ONE GOT FIRED FROM IT OR IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE NEWS - ALTHOUGH I DID KNOW SOMEONE A FEW YEARS AGO GOT ARRESTED FOR LEAKING WINDOWS ACTIVATION SDK

"Leaked" is the big shiny word here. There's a reason it happened anonymously- because anyone who did it openly would be at very least fired and blacklisted from the industry, and in the case of somebody releasing an actual software product, sued into bankruptcy and prison time.
Reply 46
yep - did u know about the Christmas leak
To be fair, if it's not even released then they should already know that you're not supposed to show the product.

No, it is fair. The notes app which she showed reportedly had codenames of unreleased apple products in it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by aditya101099
No, the notes app which she showed reportedly had codenames of unreleased apple products in it

yes it did
Original post by gareths
yep - did u know about the Christmas leak

Did a Microsoft employee take public responsibility for it and survive with his job intact?
Reply 50
Original post by aditya101099
No, the notes app which she showed reportedly had codenames of unreleased apple products in it

It's still irresponsible though.
Reply 51
no one took responsibility
Reply 52
It's still irresponsible though.

yea it is plus the calendar notification had private in it
Original post by gareths
no one took responsibility

That's my point- if other companies were going to be lenient on employees for leaking stuff like this people would be letting their kids video themselves like the idiot at Apple did. That's not the case- they all.go.for blood when an NDA gets breached.
Reply 54
Yea
Original post by gareths
Yea

Are you agreeing with me or just giving up on the conversation?
Reply 56
agreeing
Not sure why this is shocking. Her father should never have broken the various agreements he was under, he did - he lost his job. His daughter shouldn't have been stupid enough to upload the video, but she may not have understood as much as her father would have and the consequences that could follow.
Reply 58
Original post by Paracosm
Not sure why this is shocking. Her father should never have broken the various agreements he was under, he did - he lost his job. His daughter shouldn't have been stupid enough to upload the video, but she may not have understood as much as her father would have and the consequences that could follow.

the dad should have told her not to film and the other employee who had the caffe macs shirt on should have also told her not to film
Original post by gareths
the dad should have told her not to film and the other employee who had the caffe macs shirt on should have also told her not to film

It's not the job of the Caffè Macs employee to enforce corporate guidelines. Her father should have indeed known better.

Quick Reply

Latest