The Student Room Group

What are your thoughts of cheaters ?

I recently was cheated on and it really hurt me although our relationship was extremely hard at times I always stayed loyal during heated arguments and break downs and I was extremely in love with the guy. I say is there something I could have done ? Maybe I was too annoying or argumentative ect.... there was rumours about him talking to another girl but I never had proof so if this was true he must have cheated multiple times. I ended the relationship after finding proof of another girl. I never ever expected it he was my best friend and boyfriend.

What are your thoughts of cheaters?
Original post by Jennifer303
I recently was cheated on and it really hurt me although our relationship was extremely hard at times I always stayed loyal during heated arguments and break downs and I was extremely in love with the guy. I say is there something I could have done ? Maybe I was too annoying or argumentative ect.... there was rumours about him talking to another girl but I never had proof so if this was true he must have cheated multiple times. I ended the relationship after finding proof of another girl. I never ever expected it he was my best friend and boyfriend.

Not for me. Its a sign of disrespect . They should just end it or say so rather than deceive and cheat.

For you

Not everyones like that.
He wasnt your best friend, so less reason to get upset.
The problem is much more likely to be his..
Learn from it and move on.

Cheaters = worthy of getting a pizza box full of horse ****, so they can be happy they got a heavy box that contains a yummy pizza only to open it and be hit in the face with fresh poo stink
Cheaters are trash
Who cares it’s HALLOWEEN. Everyone get your trumpets out and doot!
Reply 5
From a moral standpoint I frown on cheating

however at the end of the day it is just another hardwired mating strategy which significantly benefits the cheater whilst putting the cheatee at a disadvantage [you risk unknowingly raising another mans child if you are male being cheated on, or if you are female you risk the male abandoning you and any children for this other woman]......

if someone cheats on you, it's probably better to just get rid .......unless you're literally 100% certain it won't happen again
Reply 6

i am so sorry to hear this happned to you. :frown: you may think you were partly to blame but please know that cheaters will cheat under any circumstance. humans have free will. we are capable of knowing right from wrong and making our own decisions. he made the choice to cheat. he had a loyal girl but could not appreciate her. you have remained loyal to him even through difficult times as you have said. it takes a very mature person to do that. i hope you will eventually find someone who will cherish you and will not put you through this type of pain.
begs xox
Reply 8
Original post by Dani0322
i am so sorry to hear this happned to you. :frown: you may think you were partly to blame but please know that cheaters will cheat under any circumstance. humans have free will. we are capable of knowing right from wrong and making our own decisions. he made the choice to cheat. he had a loyal girl but could not appreciate her. you have remained loyal to him even through difficult times as you have said. it takes a very mature person to do that. i hope you will eventually find someone who will cherish you and will not put you through this type of pain.

Thank you. There would be times so hard for us and he would still come back and be there at the end but I guess it was fake.
Reply 9
Original post by Dani0322

It's just hard to accept. I did end the relationship but I just wished he'd never have done that to me because I loved him a lot.
Original post by ANM775

however at the end of the day it is just another hardwired mating strategy which significantly benefits the cheater whilst putting the cheatee at a disadvantage [you risk unknowingly raising another mans child if you are male being cheated on, or if you are female you risk the male abandoning you and any children for this other woman]......

if someone cheats on you, it's probably better to just get rid .......unless you're literally 100% certain it won't happen again

You never ever would know 100%.
Original post by ANM775

I feel as though I didn't think good of him. He always said I say bad things about him and what he does. But I only did when something was wrong. I was being intimate with him so he can't have thought I thought bad of him because he knows how much it took for me to become intimate with him. Not only that I would be the one making effort to meet towards the end and throughout!
What if I cheated on my maths exam?

Am I still trash?
Cheaters deserve gulag and to be left out in the Siberian wilderness to freeze to death. My standpoint is that if you're not happy in the relationship, keep it decent, be a gentleman/gentlewoman and end it. Don't be a scumbag who plays with people's trust as though it were a toy and cheat on someone.
Original post by AxSirlotl
Cheaters deserve gulag and to be left out in the Siberian wilderness to freeze to death. My standpoint is that if you're not happy in the relationship, keep it decent, be a gentleman/gentlewoman and end it. Don't be a scumbag who plays with people's trust as though it were a toy and cheat on someone.

100%. I always use to tell him open up. He use to but stopped maybe because he was overwhelmed by arguments happening and closed up. I do get upset I'm fine through the day but at night I break down. It's still raw.
100%. I always use to tell him open up. He use to but stopped maybe because he was overwhelmed by arguments happening and closed up. I do get upset I'm fine through the day but at night I break down. It's still raw.

the first few weeks/months will be the most difficult (the pain is still very raw). be very gentle with yourself in the meantime. rest assured in the knowledge that you gave him your everything so this outcome was not your fault.

there is a quote:

"despite how open, peaceful, loving you attempt to be, people can only meet you as deeply as they've met themselves."
It's just hard to accept. I did end the relationship but I just wished he'd never have done that to me because I loved him a lot.

Well, as they say: If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!! You're better off, discovering that he wasn't honourable before you had several kids to support, and a house and contents to split up during a divorce. Best of luck!!!
Cheaters are scum. There is no reason not to just tell someone it's over so both parties can move on peacefully rather than cause unnecessary heartbreak and suffering. Be thankful you've got rid of him, OP.
Reply 18
I have no sympathy for cheaters, it's disgusting and can ruin people for life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending