The Student Room Group

Time required for S1 Preparation ?

Hey Everyone .

So , i have already taken 2 modules ( M1 and C12 ) in June 2017 and officially through school , i have to take C34 and S1 in June 2018 but i was thinking to take S1 in January 2018 . ( test date is 18th January ) so , basically i wanted to ask is it a wise decision if i sit for S1 in jan 2018 and C34 ( which is the main paper ) in june 2018 ?

Like can i prepare whole S1 from scratch in 2 months considering i can give it 2-3 hours each day ?
Reply 1
Yeah you could
Reply 2
Original post by Husnain Ali Abid
Hey Everyone .

So , i have already taken 2 modules ( M1 and C12 ) in June 2017 and officially through school , i have to take C34 and S1 in June 2018 but i was thinking to take S1 in January 2018 . ( test date is 18th January ) so , basically i wanted to ask is it a wise decision if i sit for S1 in jan 2018 and C34 ( which is the main paper ) in june 2018 ?

Like can i prepare whole S1 from scratch in 2 months considering i can give it 2-3 hours each day ?

Yeah very much so. My best advice would be to do as many past papers as possible. Also do histograms because it hasn't come up in recent years
Reply 3
S1 is one of the easier modules, you could do it in a couple of days if you really wanted to. 2 hours a day for 2 months is more than enough
Original post by 'jay'
S1 is one of the easier modules, you could do it in a couple of days if you really wanted to. 2 hours a day for 2 months is more than enough

Well , i just want that if i take it in January , i can prepare other subjects too which i've to take in June session .
Thanks for the suggestion though :biggrin:
Hey Everyone .

Can you give evidence of that date. I'm pretty sure that January exams were scrapped a few years ago.
Definitely, S1 is very easy and specially if you give 2-3 hours every day!! Make sure to look up past papers
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Can you give evidence of that date. I'm pretty sure that January exams were scrapped a few years ago.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.57.58 am.png

here you go :P
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.57.58 am.png

here you go :P

Oh you're doing International. Guess it's different for national exams damn.

Quick Reply

Latest