The Student Room Group

How do I find a man who will buy me the engagement ring I want?

Yeah yeah yeah go ahead with the gold digger remarks but everyone always wants something in life. Guys want a special something from their girl, most girls want the wedding of their dreams. Well I never cared much for weddings and will happily compromise on most things in life but since I could remember I always wanted a standard flashy rock on my finger, preferably a Tiffany solitaire ring. The cheapest you can get them at is £8000 and other girls always have massive rocks on their fingers from their men. My question is how the hell do they do that? Do I just be the best girlfriend ever and make him love me so much that he will buy me what I want or should I start dating rich men?
I'm being serious really, how do you get a man to buy you that big ring? What are the demographics on this sort of thing??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah yeah yeah go ahead with the gold digger remarks but everyone always wants something in life. Guys want a special something from their girl, most girls want the wedding of their dreams. Well I never cared much for weddings and will happily compromise on most things in life but since I could remember I always wanted a standard flashy rock on my finger, preferably a Tiffany solitaire ring. The cheapest you can get them at is £8000 and other girls always have massive rocks on their fingers from their men. My question is how the hell do they do that? Do I just be the best girlfriend ever and make him love me so much that he will buy me what I want or should I start dating rich men?
I'm being serious really, how do you get a man to buy you that big ring? What are the demographics on this sort of thing??

This is probably the best post I've seen so far.😂😂😂😂 because gurl u ain't lying. But I think it depend how much he loves you, otherwise he won't be bothered. But y wait for a guy work hard and earn that diamond ring guuurl.
Reply 2
Original post by Aishabushra
This is probably the best post I've seen so far.😂😂😂😂 because gurl u ain't lying. But I think it depend how much he loves you, otherwise he won't be bothered. But y wait for a guy work hard and earn that diamond ring guuurl.

Where's the fun in that though? I'm always buying things for myself. Want a guy to buy me something worth it. And let's be honest here it does prove how much you mean to him too. Most days I struggle to find a guy who wants to buy me dinner :frown:
golddigger
Reply 4
Find a rich man in Dubai.
Reply 5
Original post by UWS

But there's rich arabs the uk too
Reply 6
Do what you women famously do. Give out good sex then refuse to do it until he gives you what you want
Do you have a boyfriend or someone in mind? Honestly when you love someone that much then the size of the ring becomes irrelevant, I would know as I used to have this fantasy before I met the love of my life and got engaged!! Now we are married I figure in a few years time when we have saved up some more money I will upgrade my ring
Reply 8
Original post by Nerry
Do what you women famously do. Give out good sex then refuse to do it until he gives you what you want

That's actually a good idea y'know
Original post by UWS

even a basic Dubai resident could afford serious bling :redface:
Yeah this is not a thread for broke losers like you.
And I suggest you stay away from women. But then they probably already stay away from you :lol:

Funny how you call me broke when you're a gold digger, rich men wouldn't waste a penny on you sorry but it's the reality.
Original post by del1rious
Do you have a boyfriend or someone in mind? Honestly when you love someone that much then the size of the ring becomes irrelevant, I would know as I used to have this fantasy before I met the love of my life and got engaged!! Now we are married I figure in a few years time when we have saved up some more money I will upgrade my ring

That does sound nice, so long as he gets it for me eventually I guess.
Where's the fun in that though? I'm always buying things for myself. Want a guy to buy me something worth it. And let's be honest here it does prove how much you mean to him too. Most days I struggle to find a guy who wants to buy me dinner :frown:

Men do seem to be a lot tighter nowadays, but we have hard line feminists to thank for that.
Original post by I hate money
Funny how you call me broke when you're a gold digger, rich men wouldn't waste a penny on you sorry but it's the reality.

Then you must know nothing about rich men because a lot of them date women who look like me. So I'm sorry that no women wants you but hey, that ain't my problem. Bye now
Reply 14
Then you must know nothing about rich men because a lot of them date women who look like me. So I'm sorry that no women wants you but hey, that ain't my problem. Bye now

****ing savage! :rofl3:
That does sound nice, so long as he gets it for me eventually I guess.

Sadly, unless you meet someone who is loaded which is unlikely at a younger age, the maximum you can expect them to spend is £1-2000
I ain't sayin' she a gold digga...

Actually, yes I am. Buy your own God damn ring, *****.

Open your legs for Harvey Weinstein

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I ain't sayin' she a gold digga...

Actually, yes I am. Buy your own God damn ring, *****.

Suck your own damn **** then
Original post by del1rious
Sadly, unless you meet someone who is loaded which is unlikely at a younger age, the maximum you can expect them to spend is £1-2000

I'm happy dating older though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending