The Student Room Group

Economics at A- Level

What is it all about?
What type of jobs do you hope to go on to do?
I'll tell you one thing
IT'S FCKING HARD
Original post by up the arse?
I'll tell you one thing
IT'S FCKING HARD

not recommended to a c grade student?
Reply 3
if you can achieve more than B's in english, maths and business or economics then you will be able to do it for A level.
Original post by Elzxx9
if you can achieve more than B's in english, maths and business or economics then you will be able to do it for A level.

In the sixth form I am looking into it is 6 C's and you need a C in maths to enroll. do you mean that its better to have b's?
Original post by DeclanGCSEs

Do business instead. I believe all people who applied to financial degrees at my year applied to economics only with at least an A grade prediction, below that they applied for business. Everyone applying to a business degree got a B at AS or lower. They could have likely got a higher grade or the same grade with less revision doing business without hurting their application as it's not a bad subject for business at uni.
Original post by Appleorpear
Do business instead. I believe all people who applied to financial degrees at my year applied to economics only with at least an A grade prediction, below that they applied for business. Everyone applying to a business degree got a B at AS or lower. They could have likely got a higher grade or the same grade with less revision doing business without hurting their application as it's not a bad subject for business at uni.

Business is not a course in the sixth form.
Reply 7
Hey I'm doing A level Economics

Econ basically the study of human behaviour and how that influences the economy.

it's split into Macro- Study of the economy as a whole and Micro- Study of individual markets within the economy (e.g housing market).

A level Econ is mix of (basic) maths and politics (and general essay writing) so if that's your kinda thing, you will probs enjoy it. There is also a ton of graphs that you have to learn so be prepared for that.

I'm taking it with Maths and Politics... going to do a economics degree.

I don't think A levels in general is recommended to a C grade student...
Original post by daario333
I don't think A levels in general is recommended to a C grade student...

Why?
Why?

You're asking if A level economics is hard. Everything is hard at A level. Some are just less hard than others.

Economics isnt as hard as the maths/sciences but its still tough in its own right. If you're aiming for B/C then maybe its attainable with a bit of work, if you're prepared
Ok thanks
Reply 12
In the sixth form I am looking into it is 6 C's and you need a C in maths to enroll. do you mean that its better to have b's?

if you can work towards a B it would be better for you. The more knowledge you have now will give you a good starting point for the Alevel as you know your basics.
Okay
Since your reply was a year ago. Was the a level politics course worth it. I’m also taking maths and economics in September.

Quick Reply

Latest