The Student Room Group

First kiss at 7 - is that normal?

I had my first kiss - and I don't mean a peck, I mean tongues - when I was 7. At the time I felt embarrassed by it because no one had their first kiss by then and I told no one, not even my close friends. Now, however, I'm realising how weird it was to French kiss at that age. I just want to know from any of you, do you think it's strange and when did you first kiss someone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by gunterbooty
Hey,

Did you participate in the kiss willingly? How old was the person you kissed? Its pretty normal for kids at this age to begin to develop sexual urges/feelings but these aren't the same as the ones people have when they hit puberty. I wouldn't say its abnormal, its not uncommon for masturbation to occur at this age either, children are very impressionable and aren't really aware of the undertones these actions have - only that it feels pleasant. My first kiss was at 5, but my first kiss with tongues , I was around 11/12 but i know people in year 4/5 that were kissing with tongues at that age.

it was willingly and the person was my age.
yeah i think you're right, i was doiing it probably because i saw people on tv doing it haha.thank u for tht insight though it definetly makes me feel better
Reply 2
The question is more whether you understood the implications then. I had my first French kiss around that age too or younger probably. A lesbian one at that. But it was just because my best friend saw someone doing it on TV and was, I wanna try that.

She bit my tongue :frown: clearly I understood it better than she did.

The point is tho, I wouldn't consider it my actual first kiss, more just a kid doing something out of curiosity.

Same way how you wouldn't count it as your first sexual experience if you played doctor as a kid and touched someone or had someone else touch you because you were exploring what other humans look like.
My first kiss was at 4 in the middle of class. I got put on time out.
So instead of eating cookies and milk at 7 you decided to shove your tongue in next mans mouth?
What has the world come to?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
How old was the person who kissed you though?

Reply 6
Nah, not that strange when you're the same age. I was ten I believe.
As long as it wasn't with Uncle Vernon, there's nothing wrong with it.
Original post by goldenpoop
I had my first kiss - and I don't mean a peck, I mean tongues - when I was 7. At the time I felt embarrassed by it because no one had their first kiss by then and I told no one, not even my close friends. Now, however, I'm realising how weird it was to French kiss at that age. I just want to know from any of you, do you think it's strange and when did you first kiss someone?

Thats very late. Usually it’s by the age of 5.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by Devify
The question is more whether you understood the implications then. I had my first French kiss around that age too or younger probably. A lesbian one at that. But it was just because my best friend saw someone doing it on TV and was, I wanna try that.

She bit my tongue :frown: clearly I understood it better than she did.

The point is tho, I wouldn't consider it my actual first kiss, more just a kid doing something out of curiosity.

Same way how you wouldn't count it as your first sexual experience if you played doctor as a kid and touched someone or had someone else touch you because you were exploring what other humans look like.

That's a very valid point, I do think there is a difference between a meaningful kiss/sexual experience and just being curious. However, technically I can't deny the fact it was my first kiss, but maybe deny it meant anything.
Original post by up the arse?
So instead of eating cookies and milk at 7 you decided to shove your tongue in next mans mouth?
What has the world come to?

I think I was pretty mature at that age (obviously), I was over cookies and milk tbh
Original post by Nerry
How old was the person who kissed you though?

NOT THAT OLD HAHA otherwise I definitely would be traumatised
tmw a 7yo has more game than a 30yo virgin
Original post by Kevin Hodge
Thats very late. Usually it’s by the age of 5.

Spoiler

Lollll how old are u
Original post by VirgoStrain
Looool I went to a boys school so I didn’t have this experience. I still haven’t kissed someone, much less held their hand, and I’m in Year 12.

It wasn't at school, it was at this summer day camp loll and I haven't kissed anyone since because I've been in an all girl's school and hardly know any boys.
And don't sweat it, I wish I had my saved my first kiss. Also, I'm in year 12 too!! how are you finding it?
Original post by James1997c
As long as it wasn't with Uncle Vernon, there's nothing wrong with it.

who's uncle Vernon???
Lollll how old are u

Are you ugly by any chance??
go to a party, get smashed and kiss a girl - job done.
Are you ugly by any chance??
go to a party, get smashed and kiss a girl - job done.

Ah damn. Maybe I am :sad:
Ah damn. Maybe I am :sad:

Only joking mate :smile:)

Latest

Trending

Trending