The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by GazelleG
Hi! Congrats to you getting the offers! I'm just wondering for the Imperial admissions, did you actually take the 'critical thinking test'?( hopefully this question doesn't break any rules or policies... I just want a yes/no answer please)

As I mentioned before, I did not take any kind of written assessments! I don't know why :frown:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by kyconny
Second year JMC here, JMC is a very intensive course and the admissions tutor will be keen to see that you can handle the workload. In terms of getting an offer it shouldn't be a disadvantage, though if you do get one I would expect it to include STEP.

Course: BEng Joint Maths and Computing
Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics (AS)
Grades: Predicted - A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Chemistry, A* Biology (My school doesnt offer Computing)
AS: AAA (Maths, Further Maths and PhysicS)

Did the online test on thursday, went very well (Im pretty sure I got 8/8).

As I'm applying for JMC, what do you think my prospects are?
anyone got a biochem offer????
Original post by kyconny
Second year JMC here, JMC is a very intensive course and the admissions tutor will be keen to see that you can handle the workload. In terms of getting an offer it shouldn't be a disadvantage, though if you do get one I would expect it to include STEP.

Hi, thanks for your input! Outside my three A Levels, I am doing 4 extra modules and an EPQ, so I do have a reasonable workload - although wouldn't I get a STEP offer anyway, since the website says that a typical offer includes it?

If you don't mind, can I ask some questions about the course? Do you enjoy it and is the teaching good? I understand that the content is really hard, but is there any support offered or not really?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by uka_qwer
anyone got a biochem offer????

Nah... I haven't heard anything from them... I got an offer from UCL tho...

Do overseas biochemistry applicants get interviewed? I am really not looking forward to having one because I botched my Cambridge interview in Singapore. XD

Can someone please evaluate how competitive my application is? I'm quite worried... :frown:

I applied with 5 CIE AS Levels (numbers are PUMs):
Chemistry - 94 (A)
Physics - 91 (A)
Biology - 86 (A)
Mathematics - 85 (A)
English Language - 81 (A)

A Level Predictions:
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A (I stumbled on my first few tests in school)
Mathematics - A
General Paper - A

IGCSE:
Chemistry(A*), Physics(A*), History(A*), Mathematics(A), English as a Second Language(A), Business Studies(A), Chinese as a Foreign Language(A)
Original post by Najung
As I mentioned before, I did not take any kind of written assessments! I don't know why :frown:

emmm odd, i think it is called admissions task?
Anybody who has heard from the university after the computing admission test?
Original post by An_Indian_Girl

Pretty sure no one has... The test started from the 26th..
Original post by premedmath
Pretty sure no one has... The test started from the 26th..

there was a test on the 23rd

Yes, I got an interview
Original post by soggychips
there was a test on the 23rd

Is that for all computing related courses? On my email, it said from the 26th 10AM.
Original post by premedmath
Is that for all computing related courses? On my email, it said from the 26th 10AM.

No they do it at regular intervals I think, because mine was on the 23rd but several others had it on the 26th.
Original post by sunsetyellow
Yes, I got an interview

Hey when did you took the online admission test?
Original post by Katy Kim
Hey when did you took the online admission test?

20th october
Yes, I got an interview

When was the interview??
Are you applying for just Computing or something like Computing with management, joint mathematics etc.?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 335
Original post by GazelleG
emmm odd, i think it is called admissions task?

I just did the interview and nothing else! Still haven't figured out why
Reply 336
Original post by Levurmion
Nah... I haven't heard anything from them... I got an offer from UCL tho...

Do overseas biochemistry applicants get interviewed? I am really not looking forward to having one because I botched my Cambridge interview in Singapore. XD

Can someone please evaluate how competitive my application is? I'm quite worried... :frown:

I applied with 5 CIE AS Levels (numbers are PUMs):
Chemistry - 94 (A)
Physics - 91 (A)
Biology - 86 (A)
Mathematics - 85 (A)
English Language - 81 (A)

A Level Predictions:
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A (I stumbled on my first few tests in school)
Mathematics - A
General Paper - A

IGCSE:
Chemistry(A*), Physics(A*), History(A*), Mathematics(A), English as a Second Language(A), Business Studies(A), Chinese as a Foreign Language(A)

Congrats on the UCL offer!! When did you apply?
Original post by george1999poi
Anyone received an interview offer for civil engineering yet?

Not an interview as such but I’ve been invited to their applicant day on the 22nd November. There’s like an admissions test and teamwork activities
When was the interview??
Are you applying for just Computing or something like Computing with management, joint mathematics etc.?

My interview is on the 8th November, and yeah I am applying for JMC (although I believe it's all done by the same department)
My interview is on the 8th November, and yeah I am applying for JMC (although I believe it's all done by the same department)

woah. I guess you're the first one to give an interview for computing! Must be having stellar academic credentials etc.
All the Best!

Latest

Trending

Trending