The Student Room Group

Am i too old for alevel??

I am 20 years old and i want to start 18 months alevel by January 2018
My application has rejected by Duff Miller and Bosworth college due to my age!
Do you know any college which allows me to study for alevel?
And in your college what's the max age of students,do you have any 19,20,21 years old in your college?
Thanks in advance 😍😊
I don't think you'll find a sixth form/college where students your age are taught A levels to be honest. You might need to self-teach or find a private center [which, of course, means you'll have to pay to be taught].
Reply 2
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I don't think you'll find a sixth form/college where students your age are taught A levels to be honest. You might need to self-teach or find a private center [which, of course, means you'll have to pay to be taught].

Aha:frown:
But i contacted some colleges (Ashbourne,kings...)they told me your age is okay
I think duff miller rejected me due to possibly visa problems
I want a college which care less about age and possible visa problems
Original post by Fateme666
Aha:frown:
But i contacted some colleges (Ashbourne,kings...)they told me your age is okay
I think duff miller rejected me due to possibly visa problems
I want a college which care less about age and possible visa problems

Ah well there you go, you've amswered your own question :biggrin:
Just have a search online and I'm sure you'll find a few colleges which will suit your needs. Unfortunately, I can't make any recommendations because I'm not aware of which colleges offer what you want.
Reply 4
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Ah well there you go, you've amswered your own question :biggrin:
Just have a search online and I'm sure you'll find a few colleges which will suit your needs. Unfortunately, I can't make any recommendations because I'm not aware of which colleges offer what you want.

Oh yes
Thanks a lot for your help😊😊
Reply 5
Any idea about DLD college?
How is kings college (for a level )
Two words. Access course. They're totally free. Otherwise A-levels you'll have to self-study and they cost a bomb.
dont colleges run evening lessons for adults , that what mine does
Original post by Ray_Shadows
dont colleges run evening lessons for adults , that what mine does

Best way is a HE diploma (which you get from Access courses). They do groups of 3 subjects to prepare you for University, just like A levels but a different grading system. The courses you're on about seem like crappy low level courses, or ones that just won't get you in to Uni.
Try access courses. Discuss with the Uni's that you're interested in what courses maybe? I'm not sure, don't take my word for it
Original post by lukauu
Best way is a HE diploma (which you get from Access courses). They do groups of 3 subjects to prepare you for University, just like A levels but a different grading system. The courses you're on about seem like crappy low level courses, or ones that just won't get you in to Uni.

yeh just taking a look at my college prospectus and it does say it prepares for work not for uni
Reply 11
If you were rejected by Duff Miller and Bosworth it’s almost certainly not to do with your age but more to do with your current level of education and the length of visa you could get.
There was a guy who was 28 in one of my classes, no one thinks it's weird lol. Especially when you're at A2, most of the students mature up. I was 19 when I fast-tracked one of my subjects so was in a class with 16 year olds and I didn't like them but then again you're not there to make friends.

Quick Reply

Latest