The Student Room Group

Is it appropriate to talk about other guys to an ex?

My ex and I dated for a year, we were perfect together in a sense, we barely ever fought and we always treated each other with respect. We ended amicably just because we got busy with work, distance etc and drifted apart. Anyway, we recently reconnected after a year, and we've just suddenly started talking as much as we used to all day, all our common interests have come flooding back etc. He text randomly and said he couldn't believe I hadn't found a ' perfect gentleman' yet. I blanked out and thought erm.. am I meant to tell him about the guys I've dated whilst we were apart, or is that just rude? Personally I wouldn't have said something to him like how I couldn't believe he hadn't found a 'decent girl' yet unless I was trying to figure out if he was single or not, correct me if I'm wrong.
It purely depends on your relationship and friendship. For some people, they go to being friends after breaking up, and friends do talk about possible love interests. If it's that kind of friendship you have, then it's fine.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
It purely depends on your relationship and friendship. For some people, they go to being friends after breaking up, and friends do talk about possible love interests. If it's that kind of friendship you have, then it's fine.

Hmm I see. After he asked about my love life, he said he wouldn't talk about his own love life to me or if he was seeing anybody as he would find it too disrespectful towards me. But then why ask about mine? Surely if he thinks it's disrespectful discussing your love life with an ex, he wouldn't openly ask me about mine as it would be disrespectful towards him :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest