The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Part-Time MSc Software and Systems Security - Oxford University

Hi!,

Anyone who is currently enrolled on the MSc Software and Systems Security part-time masters in Oxford that could provide some feedback in terms of the contents, how they are finding the modules and managing the course workload with a day job (if that's the case), etc.

Thanks.
Original post by NANIUK
Hi!,

Anyone who is currently enrolled on the MSc Software and Systems Security part-time masters in Oxford that could provide some feedback in terms of the contents, how they are finding the modules and managing the course workload with a day job (if that's the case), etc.

Thanks.

Postgrads don't tend to stick around so you may not get many responses. Generally balancing a masters and work will be difficult but make sure you manage your time well. Plan for study and deadlines but also allow yourself breaks to do things away from work and study so you stay sane. You may want to check out the Oxford forum even though it's mainly undergrad.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Thanks1

Original post by alleycat393
Postgrads don't tend to stick around so you may not get many responses. Generally balancing a masters and work will be difficult but make sure you manage your time well. Plan for study and deadlines but also allow yourself breaks to do things away from work and study so you stay sane. You may want to check out the Oxford forum even though it's mainly undergrad.
Reply 3
Hi! I've matriculated in Oct 2015 and have finished all 10 modules. Will be doing the dissertation next year. I can tell you that it meant allocating most of my vacation leave for the module visits and working on the assignments in weekends. Generally, they advise you to spread the 10 modules over 3 years - that's a more reasonable timeframe. I work full time but thankfully didn't have much travelling in the last couple of years. If you travel regularly on work, then 3 years is a reasonable plan + 1 year for the dissertation. Just don't do a module and abandon/withdraw from the assignment - you'd be throwing away your money.
Reply 4
Thanks for your response, did you find it difficult and did you enjoy the course contents?

cheers

Original post by Sneekes
Hi! I've matriculated in Oct 2015 and have finished all 10 modules. Will be doing the dissertation next year. I can tell you that it meant allocating most of my vacation leave for the module visits and working on the assignments in weekends. Generally, they advise you to spread the 10 modules over 3 years - that's a more reasonable timeframe. I work full time but thankfully didn't have much travelling in the last couple of years. If you travel regularly on work, then 3 years is a reasonable plan + 1 year for the dissertation. Just don't do a module and abandon/withdraw from the assignment - you'd be throwing away your money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending