The Student Room Group

Stranger Things Season 2 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Ok so what was Steve like last season? Cause this season 5 eps in Steve is legit my fave guy, but something about that seems off so last season were things different? I can't remember
I really loved Season 2 but I didn't like it as much as Season 1. For me it just felt like the flow of it was a little bit off compared to last season I didn't like the fact that Mike was completely pushed to the side, it just felt a bit weird seeing as he was SUPER important last season. However, I will say that the one thing I LOVE about this season is Noah Scnapps performance. He is one talented kid and it makes me wish there was more of him last season also Steve is my hero and I love him.
When Bob (Sean Astin) said "Did I ever tell you about Mr Baldo?". All I could hear was "did I ever tell you about Mr Frodo?". Nearly choked on my drink:laugh:

Really enjoying season 2 so far :yep:
Reply 63
Yess S1 was soo good!Can't wait what season 2 brings
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Ok so what was Steve like last season? Cause this season 5 eps in Steve is legit my fave guy, but something about that seems off so last season were things different? I can't remember

If I remember correctly, he was a bit of a douche - he's changed a lot this season.
Man, episode 8 has me scared, teary-eyed, ecstatic and emotional. Now I have to watch the finale.

:emo: so said knowing I am going to have to wait another year for the next season..
Reply 66
Loved it! Even better than the first season. I'm very excited to see what they're bringing next!
Steve is the best character.

The fact that Nancy chose that useless Jonathon over him... disgusting.
Finished it. I want to be Steve. Being Steve is goals.

Spoiler

I watched both season 1 and 2 in less than 3 days, that can't be healthy lol. Season 2 is so different from season 1, season 1 was all supernatural and mysterious but the 2nd season is very alien-like.

(I hope) there's going to be a season 3 because they can't just leave us on a cliffhanger, also I could tell from the last few episodes that there was going to be another season as they didn't really correlate with the first few episodes.

Spoiler for ep 8 onwards:

Spoiler

My favourite character is still Nancy and I loved eleven with hair, also I wonder what will happen with Kali, I hope she returns.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Retired_Messiah

I guess he stopped being a bully after hanging out with Tommy and Carol, also I feel like HE didn't like Nancy so he didn't care about her anymore. Also Steve and Dustin was a friendship I never thought could happen haha.
Original post by phoebemallow
I really loved Season 2 but I didn't like it as much as Season 1. For me it just felt like the flow of it was a little bit off compared to last season I didn't like the fact that Mike was completely pushed to the side, it just felt a bit weird seeing as he was SUPER important last season. However, I will say that the one thing I LOVE about this season is Noah Scnapps performance. He is one talented kid and it makes me wish there was more of him last season also Steve is my hero and I love him.

Completely agree - I really liked season 2 but it seemed more disjointed than S1. I don't think there was enough interaction between the core characters, and it felt like they were trying to mix up the character pairings.

Original post by cosmicsnowflake
I watched both season 1 and 2 in less than 3 days, that can't be healthy lol. Season 2 is so different from season 1, season 1 was all supernatural and mysterious but the 2nd season is very alien-like.

(I hope) there's going to be a season 3 because they can't just leave us on a cliffhanger, also I could tell from the last few episodes that there was going to be another season as they didn't really correlate with the first few episodes.

Spoiler for ep 8 onwards:

Spoiler

My favourite character is still Nancy and I loved eleven with hair, also I wonder what will happen with Kali, I hope she returns.

I added a spoiler into your post just in case people haven't watched the whole thing yet. It is SO sad though :cries:
Original post by Fox Corner
Completely agree - I really liked season 2 but it seemed more disjointed than S1. I don't think there was enough interaction between the core characters, and it felt like they were trying to mix up the character pairings.

I added a spoiler into your post just in case people haven't watched the whole thing yet. It is SO sad though :cries:

Oh, sorry, but yes, it is very sad. :c
I’m only up to episode 4 - which is telling in itself, as the first season had me so hooked I binge watched it all in one go. I just can’t get into this one as much - nothing seems to have really happened yet!

Spoiler

Reply 75

Spoiler

Reply 76
My don Dustin secured that dance with Nancy.

Top 3 characters

Dustin
Jim
Steve

Spoiler

Spoiler

😵😵😵😵😵😵

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply