The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Animal Biology at NTU

anyone doing animal biology at Nottingham Trent? whats the course like? is there anything you wish you'd known before embarking upon the course? what do you like about it? etc.
Original post by sonofabeachball
anyone doing animal biology at Nottingham Trent? whats the course like? is there anything you wish you'd known before embarking upon the course? what do you like about it? etc.

You may find other people to talk to here. I'm moving this to the NTU forum :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by alleycat393
You may find other people to talk to here. I'm moving this to the NTU forum :smile:

Thanks pointing sonofabeachball in our direction @alleycat393! :five:

Hey @sonofabeachball

Great to hear that you are considering joining us at NTU!

Unfortunately I don't study Animal Biology so can't really give an insight into what the course is like however I have passed your question on to one of our current student ambassadors who study the course. I'll post their response as soon as they get back to me :biggrin:.

If you have any other questions though don't hesitate to give me a shout and I'll do my best to answer!

Is there anything in particular that has drawn you to applying to NTU? :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep

Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

Hey @sonsofabeachball, I'm back! :biggrin:

Here's a response from Hannah - One of our student ambassadors who studies Animal Biology.

“I really enjoy the Animal Biology course and find it very interesting and engaging. The course is very broad in regards to content, for example, it includes the practical management of animals, their behaviour, nutrition ect, but also down to a cellular level. For example, why the animal has adapted the way they have in terms of anatomy and physiology.

Something I may have wished I knew before embarking on the course would be the amount of lab work involved. During first year, one of the modules is assessed purely on laboratory reports which are in depth write ups of the practical sessions done in the labs. Before I started the course I wasn’t very confident with my lab skills, which is why I would have wanted to know this, but after completing that module I feel much more confident about many aspects of lab work. The lab sessions are all completely different and include dissections, DNA extractions and titrations.

What I like about the course, as mentioned before, is the content of the modules and how passionate the lecturers are about their field of expertise, which really passes on to the students. By having such a broad content range it opens your eyes to areas you may have not considered before, and also allows you to go into more detail in your particular interests, as you can choose whatever species you like for the majority of assignments.”

Hope this has given you some insight into our Animal Biology course at NTU, give me a shout if you have any questions :five:

Chris - NTU Rep

Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending