The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Interesting. :beard:

I get migraines. Caffeine helps with the pain when painkillers and topamax have failed. Are you gonna fund my Starbucks?

-_- obviously not
Original post by Emerald777O
-_- obviously not

I didn't choose to have migraines and I am in pain. These happen more than once a month despite being on medication. They can also last 3 or 4 days.

Do you not see what a slippery slope this is?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
Interesting. :beard:

I get migraines. Caffeine helps with the pain when painkillers and topamax have failed. Are you gonna fund my Starbucks?

Panadol, feminax, hot water bottles and even chocolate have been said to alleviate period pain. No ones asking for all of that to be free so why are you dragging it out?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Yeah well I didn't choose to require nourishment to survive; guess the taxpayer should fill my fridge for me.

But everyone needs food. You're not special.
Yes, I think so.
Reply 165
Oh my gosh yes! Think! If women didn't have pads and tampons, we'd just be free bleeding! It's actually insane that we have to pay for something that we cannot control
I think they should definitely be free, at least in schools and colleges however if funding was available then free for women of all ages. No one chooses to have a period and they cost so much that it is ridiculously expensive for families with lower income, and can come out of savings for other things (such as school uniform)
In our college (I guess because we're smaller) we have a schedule for certain people to stock the supply each week, again this isn't tackling the fact that the tax needs to be abolished or the fact that in many larger schools they should be free but I guess there are other ways to help... in some ways I guess this issue has just been brushed under the carpet because of embarrassment etc. but it's great seeing an increase awareness over the years and people actually acknowledging the changes needed 😊
You think you've got it hard - I identify as a rich man stuck in a poor man's body, but banks won't give me money. Bunch of transwealthaphobes.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Sure, as long as toilet paper is free. I didn't choose to have to poo. It happens regardless of whether I decide I want to or not. Why shouldn't toilet paper be free?

Are you the only one that uses toilet paper?
Original post by cherryred90s
Are you the only one that uses toilet paper?

I hope not. Otherwise, I'm done shaking hands.
Original post by Tiger Rag
But everyone needs food. You're not special.

Half the population of earth is female, you’re not special
Original post by paul514
Half the population of earth is female, you’re not special

That's different. Or would you be ok with us bleeding everywhere?
Free is difficult, but for sure exempt from VAT or at least reduced rate.
That's different. Or would you be ok with us bleeding everywhere?

Would you be okay with everyone pooing everywhere?
Would you be okay with everyone pooing everywhere?

That's different. Everyone poos. Not everyone bleeds at least once a month and when you're bleeding up to 2 weeks a month, it gets expensive.

And last time I checked, you pooed in a toilet.
That's different. Everyone poos. Not everyone bleeds at least once a month and when you're bleeding up to 2 weeks a month, it gets expensive.

And last time I checked, you pooed in a toilet.

So you're saying toilet paper, because it affects everyone, is more important and less sexist to be free? Unlike bleeding, you generally have bowel movements every day. So literally all month.
Original post by Kambu
The feminine products available today have only been around since about WWI, women have done without them for thousands of years. Wouldn't say the're essential whatsoever.

Without tampons or pads, women would bleed everywhere. On clothes, furniture, transport, etc.
So you're saying toilet paper, because it affects everyone, is more important and less sexist to be free? Unlike bleeding, you generally have bowel movements every day. So literally all month.

But not 24/7 unless you have serious issues.
I hope not. Otherwise, I'm done shaking hands.

Funny, but the comparison doesn’t really make sense. Everyone uses toilet tissue. If there was something that men have to pay for that women don’t, then it would make sense

Latest

Trending

Trending