The Student Room Group

BMAT-triple science

Hi, for GCSE I took double science, and apparently for the BMAT exam you need to know the triple science stuff the for sciences for GCSE- is this true or not?
Thanks
Reply 1
true, but i mean compared to A-levels, triple science would be easy, but make sure you study hard, good luck!
Original post by ireti
true, but i mean compared to A-levels, triple science would be easy, but make sure you study hard, good luck!

Thanks, but I don't do AS physics do that would put me at a disadvantage?
Original post by GCSE 9
Thanks, but I don't do AS physics do that would put me at a disadvantage?

As long as you revise the equations and learn the content on the spec for BMAT, you will be fine. Have you tried any section 2 papers yet? How have they been
Original post by medicinegyal
As long as you revise the equations and learn the content on the spec for BMAT, you will be fine. Have you tried any section 2 papers yet? How have they been

No not yet, the BMAT is after AS in 2018 so I think it's too early lol but I've had a look at it and i must say section 3 looks very hard :smile:
Reply 5
wait are you in yr 12 or 13, if you're in yr 12 you have nothing to worry about until summer time
Original post by ireti
wait are you in yr 12 or 13, if you're in yr 12 you have nothing to worry about until summer time

yr 12 but I was just worried because I didn't do tripe science and don't take AS physics and I feel like the summer isn't enough time for me.
Reply 7
the bmat in in November, which is in over a year's time, so many people don't take AS physics if they want to study medicine, all you need to do is study what the bmat requires you to study, plus learning GCSEs should be child's play. if you're so worried then start studying now but you shouldn't need any AS physics knowledge as that is not a requirement for medicine, are you gonna do the UKCAT well?
Reply 8
do the ukcat as well is what I meant to say
Original post by ireti
the bmat in in November, which is in over a year's time, so many people don't take AS physics if they want to study medicine, all you need to do is study what the bmat requires you to study, plus learning GCSEs should be child's play. if you're so worried then start studying now but you shouldn't need any AS physics knowledge as that is not a requirement for medicine, are you gonna do the UKCAT well?

Yh I'm doing the UKCAT as well. But you said that the BMAT tests you on GCSE triple science but I haven't done triple science?
Reply 10
what I'm saying is look at the topics that the Bmat need you to know, and then study triple science in your own time (if nessecarily), now that you are in yr 12 you'll realise how easy GCSEs were so learning some triple science will not be too taxing
Reply 11
sorry if I'm not much help, I only took the UKCAT but I have some friends who did BMAT, seriously speaking though, you have a year, that's a while, most people.start preparation in the summer
Original post by GCSE 9
No not yet, the BMAT is after AS in 2018 so I think it's too early lol but I've had a look at it and i must say section 3 looks very hard :smile:

Oh it's definitely too early! My BMAT is on Thursday and I only started doing prep a few weeks back but I am still getting above average scores in my practice tests. I don't do physics at AS and I struggled a lot at GCSE despite doing triple science. I will admit, it is hard to remember everything for the BMAT but I strongly recommend doing a BMAT course, I've been to one from MedicMind and one from AspireMed and both were INSANELY helpful.
thanks guys x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending